Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Papa John" Schnatter is out as member of UofL Board Of Trustees

Featured Replies

Funny to me how NOW the word needs to disappear after DECADES of white people using it against black people.

 

Black people use it and tell white

people they can’t use it, and it’s a problem.

 

:lol2:

 

An assumption on your part. The word should have been done away with long before you or I were born.

  • Replies 299
  • Views 51.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An assumption on your part. The word should have been done away with long before you or I were born.

 

No argument there but the fact that word hasn’t been done away with has zero to do with black people and how they may or may not use the word.

Fellow white people, the n-word is completely off-limits for us 100% of the time. Why is it that SO terribly challenging for us to come to terms with?

 

Who said otherwise? I'm merely saying no one should say it, and somehow that's offensive.

Yes. I know plenty of black people who don’t care if white people use the n word in a friendly manner.

 

Wait. What? Duece says white people shouldn't say it, you say it's okay for white friends to say it. How can we understand what you mean if you two can't agree on the word? :lol2:

The idea that black people shouldn’t use it because white people can’t literally makes me laugh every time I think about it. :lol2: :lol2: That level of ignorance is hard for me to comprehend.

Wait. What? Duece says white people shouldn't say it, you say it's okay for white friends to say it. How can we understand what you mean if you two can't agree on the word? :lol2:

 

I never once said it was okay for white friends to say it. I said, “I hear white people saying it jokingly to black people and they don’t get upset.” That was in reference to you saying that the use of the B word isn’t the same.

 

White people shouldn’t say it ever. Even if a black friend gives a white friend permission to say it they shouldn’t say it. If it is still said then what happens between those two friends is between those two friends unless it happens on a conference call during business hours. Then the white friend will be on his own.

Who said otherwise? I'm merely saying no one should say it, and somehow that's offensive.

 

I’m not offended. I say the same thing to black people who are saying the exact same thing you are saying.

I’m not offended. I say the same thing to black people who are saying the exact same thing you are saying.

 

Right. It’s not offensive. There are other words for it, but it’s not offensive. An assumption on his part.

It’s ironic that the one word white people created to humiliate, shame and oppress black people, now can basically destroy a powerful white man if he ever gets caught saying it. That Black people now have control over the word and how it can and cannot be used is pure Karma.

It’s ironic that the one word white people created to humiliate, shame and oppress black people, now can basically destroy a powerful white man if he ever gets caught saying it. That Black people now have control over the word and how it can and cannot be used is pure Karma.

 

And clearly some people just can't deal with that.

Not sure how black people can be racist towards black people. Just another point we disagree on.

 

I haven't chimed in on this thread yet, but I will add to the conversation here. Some of the most *racist" conversations I have overheard involved "black on black"...where either a very light skinned black was being derided by another black with darker skin, or someone with very dark skin was being derided by someone lighter skinned. I grew up on the basketball court and played a good majority of my life and was many times the "minority" in that environment. Some of those conversations left me with my jaw on the floor...like "oh my gosh"! In those situations, what would you call that?

I haven't chimed in on this thread yet, but I will add to the conversation here. Some of the most *racist" conversations I have overheard involved "black on black"...where either a very light skinned black was being derided by another black with darker skin, or someone with very dark skin was being derided by someone lighter skinned. I grew up on the basketball court and played a good majority of my life and was many times the "minority" in that environment. Some of those conversations left me with my jaw on the floor...like "oh my gosh"! In those situations, what would you call that?

 

I touched on this a little bit in post #168. I consider this more as envy due to "social status" than racism, but I can understand how one would consider it racism.

But it's still okay for comedians and movie stars to say it?

But it's still okay for comedians and movie stars to say it?

 

It is for the black ones.

But it's still okay for comedians and movie stars to say it?

 

All black people get a pass for saying it. Comedians, movie stars, janitors, athletes, politicians, bankers, lawyers, judges, Uber drivers, fast food workers, Walmart greeters.....if they are black...fire away. If they are white, they better be in a safe space away from recording devices and cameras. They may lose their job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.