"Papa John" Schnatter is out as member of UofL Board Of Trustees

Why is it that white people want to hold black people more accountable for use of the n word but don’t want to hold white people accountable for the centuries of systemic racism that has afflicted the black community? Y’all are more worried about me using a word amongst my friends in my safe space than y’all are about me being killed by the police and then screwed over by the justice system.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got a couple dislikes for my post. I'm fine with that. But would someone please post the definition of the word that is in question here?

“A contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person”

So I got a couple dislikes for my post. I'm fine with that. But would someone please post the definition of the word that is in question here?

The technical definition means an ignorant person.

Answer this question.

Why did that word get branded to be used specifically against black people in a derogatory manner?

Why is it that white people want to hold black people more accountable for use of the n word but don’t want to hold white people accountable for the centuries of systemic racism that has afflicted the black community? Y’all are more worried about me using a word amongst my friends in my safe space than y’all are about me being killed by the police and then screwed over by the justice system.

:popcorn:

But if you look at the words origin, it was not an offensive or derogatory remark until later down the road. It was derived from the many spellings of the word negra (black). People started using the n word to describe the black people brought over as slaves. Again I say it's not the word it's the user intent and actions. But if a black person finds it racist or offensive to be called that by a white person even when no racism or attempt to belittle or try and show them as an "inferior" person exist, then by no means should a black person use that word either.

The technical definition means an ignorant person.

Answer this question.

Why did that word get branded to be used specifically against black people in a derogatory manner?

I can not answer that question. But if it is used specifically in a derogatory manner towards blacks and has no other meaning, then no one should use it at all

Oh look... Another example of white people telling black people how not to be offended and how to act.

Take it how ever you want to. I don't believe in double standards.

I can not answer that question. But if it is used specifically in a derogatory manner towards blacks and has no other meaning, then no one should use it at all

It’s clear it has multiple meanings. Folks just don’t like it when those meanings don’t apply to them allowing them to use the word. The B word means female dog but I don’t know anyone who uses that word to describe an actual female dog.