Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Papa John" Schnatter is out as member of UofL Board Of Trustees

Featured Replies

Apparently Schnatter was leasing office space in the Papa John's HQ building here in Louisville, Papa John's has terminated that lease.

  • Replies 299
  • Views 51.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't work that way. If he made it in a year it would be luck. Making it over 30 years with all the obstacles it takes to get to a billion dollars in net worth, that's brains.

 

That’s what they want you to believe.

That’s what they want you to believe.

 

it's what I've personally witnessed during 45 years working with various Industries and companies.

Me not knowing the guy at all or his past, maybe you can speak to the "hate" for Schnatter. What has he done/how has he acted in the past to get this unflattering reputation? I still haven't gotten an answer to that question other than "he's just a terrible person". Is that based on fact or rumors/talk people have heard about him and just repeat? A lot of people on here seem to knowingly speak of him being a jerk, and I just wonder how they know that.

 

Now I have my own Schnatter story that was told to me several years ago first hand by a former supposed friend/employee that Schnatter fired as soon as he made it big, but I had to take that with a grain of salt as it just might be the ramblings of a disgruntled former employee, but it sure didn't put Papa in a good light for sure.

 

I have had occasion to interact with him on several occasions in both a business setting and a personal setting.

it's what I've personally witnessed during 45 years working with various Industries and companies.

 

We all witness different things when seeing the same thing.

The idea that black people shouldn’t use it because white people can’t literally makes me laugh every time I think about it. :lol2: :lol2: That level of ignorance is hard for me to comprehend.

 

You're completely misunderstanding. White people shouldn't use it for obvious reasons. Black people are better to not say it out of self respect. I really don't care if you say it, it isn't going to change my life.

And clearly some people just can't deal with that.

 

:lol2: There's a career for you in Washington.

We all witness different things when seeing the same thing.

 

I'm always amused when someone says someone else is not smart because they disagree with something that person said or done or they simply don't like the person. Smart people very often say stupid things, doesn't make them stupid. 30 years of evidence all point to the fact that he's a smart guy. Using your own words, he has to be a smart man to take advantage of access or to build the networks needed for that access.

I'm always amused when someone says someone else is not smart because they disagree with something that person said or done or they simply don't like the person. Smart people very often say stupid things, doesn't make them stupid. 30 years of evidence all point to the fact that he's a smart guy. Using your own words, he has to be a smart man to take advantage of access or to build the networks needed for that access.

 

Or smart enough to hire the right people to propel his business. I’m always amused when a corporation does well but folks only want to give credit to one person for its success. He didn’t do it alone and he’s clearly not as smart as he thinks he is. There are filthy rich stupid people everywhere. I guess you think Kylie Jenner is smart too.

Or smart enough to hire the right people to propel his business. I’m always amused when a corporation does well but folks only want to give credit to one person for its success. He didn’t do it alone and he’s clearly not as smart as he thinks he is. There are filthy rich stupid people everywhere. I guess you think Kylie Jenner is smart too.

To be fair, Kylie is rich because of other peoples stupidity.

Or smart enough to hire the right people to propel his business. I’m always amused when a corporation does well but folks only want to give credit to one person for its success. He didn’t do it alone and he’s clearly not as smart as he thinks he is. There are filthy rich stupid people everywhere. I guess you think Kylie Jenner is smart too.

I get what you are saying and over course there are stupid rich people. But anyone that built a company like Schattner did into the monster that Papa John's is, is not a stupid person. I'm sorry but no amount of networking or luck is going to last that long and achieve what he has.

To be fair, Kylie is rich because of other peoples stupidity.

 

One could say the same about Papa John. :lol2:

I get what you are saying and over course there are stupid rich people. But anyone that built a company like Schattner did into the monster that Papa John's is, is not a stupid person. I'm sorry but no amount of networking or luck is going to last that long and achieve what he has.

 

Yeah well, I’m not buying it. You’ll never convince me that access and networking haven’t been better for him than his brain power. Access being of the utmost importance.

This may have been covered previously. As a caucasian male, is it acceptable for me to sing along with "Freaky Friday"?

One could say the same about Papa John. :lol2:

True :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.