Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will They Stay or Will They Go?

Featured Replies

Maybe he can grow into a better NBA like Patrick Patterson did? Wishful thinking for him.

 

Very wishful thinking, although Patterson shot four three pointers total in his first two years, before shooting 35% (24-69) as a junior. Now Washington is not Patrick Patterson, but if he could find a little of that shooting then his pro potential grows quite a bit and his value to Kentucky basketball grows exponentially.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you only see Quade Green returning?

 

And Richards. Possibly Jones and Baker if they don't transfer and Gabriel if his financial situation allows it.

Maybe he can grow into a better NBA like Patrick Patterson did? Wishful thinking for him.

 

Patterson had a much bigger frame than Washington. And Patterson has had to futher define his NBA game to allow for play along the perimeter. At 6-9 he has to guard wings. PJ is 6-7 with no game outside the paint. He would be checking LeBron :lol2:

I think Knox, SGA, and Vanderbilt are gone and will be good pros. I think Diallo is gone and will have some good years as a pro. I think PJ suffers from Chuck Hayes syndrome, but I think he goes and I’m pulling for him.

 

Beyond that... Maybe Gabriel, and some coach will be pleased to run him out on the second unit.

 

Richards might test the waters and be back.

 

Quade wouldn’t surprise me either way.

 

I think a lot of these guys believe having UK on the resumé and Cal listed as a reference is the fast lane to the first round.

 

Speaking of Cal...

Speaking of pro potential, I see none of it for PJ Washington. With his size and frame he would have to play on the perimeter. I can only recall two shots all year he made outside of five feet. His game will vastly have to expand to play in the NBA. He can do a lot of damage in college though.

 

If he can develop 3 point range to a respectable percent this coming year he will be a load to handle. 4-5 times a game he catches the ball at the very top of the key wide open. His shooting form is good so hopefully it's something he can improve this off season. Probably will have to if he wants to play in the NBA.

I think Knox, Alexander, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Washington and Gabriel all go. Only Knox and Alexander should go but I think we lose at least 5 and possibly 6 depending on how badly Gabriel's family needs the money. He's not as NBA player but he can make money overseas. It also wouldn't shock me to see Jones transfer.

 

^

This

Hami is an athlete trying to figure b-ball out. That kinda pick will get you fired if he’s taken too high.

 

Washington and Gabriel offer nothing that current teams don’t already have on the roster.

 

Vanderbilt will likely bounce around like Terrance Jones.

If Baker returns, and I just assume he will, will probably be the best shooting team Cal has ever had at Kentucky.

 

Hopefully they can find a shooter that can also play defense, rebound and jump unlike Gabriel. He is only useful when he is knocking down 3s. He is a liability on defense.

I think Knox, SGA, and Vanderbilt are gone and will be good pros. I think Diallo is gone and will have some good years as a pro. I think PJ suffers from Chuck Hayes syndrome, but I think he goes and I’m pulling for him.

 

Beyond that... Maybe Gabriel, and some coach will be pleased to run him out on the second unit.

 

Richards might test the waters and be back.

 

Quade wouldn’t surprise me either way.

 

I think a lot of these guys believe having UK on the resumé and Cal listed as a reference is the fast lane to the first round.

 

Speaking of Cal...

 

Gabriel will never play in the league. He can't guard and he can't jump and he would get pushed all over the court on defense. If he wants to play somewhere it will be in Europe or somewhere else overseas.

Gabriel will never play in the league. He can't guard and he can't jump and he would get pushed all over the court on defense. If he wants to play somewhere it will be in Europe or somewhere else overseas.

 

Agreed...

Gabriel will never play in the league. He can't guard and he can't jump and he would get pushed all over the court on defense. If he wants to play somewhere it will be in Europe or somewhere else overseas.

He’ll play in the league. He’s 6’10 and a condisteng threat behind the arc. Assuming he stays 2 more years, Gabriel can for sure develop into an NBA player.

It never fails people underestimate how challenging it is to make it in the NBA. Let's take UK's title team for example.

 

- Davis. He's great.

- Miller. Has become a spot up three point shooter, but dude was drafted, cut, cut on a D-League team, and built up his game in Europe.

- Jones. Few years as a role player, now in the G-League.

- Lamb. Has seen a handful of minutes but couldn't cut it, now in Europe.

- Teague. Same as Lamb, but in the G-League.

- Wiltjer. Europe.

 

Take a look at any NBA draft class and it is crazy how many guys are gone in three or less years. And we are talking high draft picks. It is a totally different game.

 

Wall, Cousins, Miller, and Bledsoe are about as high of a caliber production wise of a draft class as you will ever see.

He’ll play in the league. He’s 6’10 and a condisteng threat behind the arc. Assuming he stays 2 more years, Gabriel can for sure develop into an NBA player.

 

I am interested to see how Gabriel develops, but he is not that skilled.

I am interested to see how Gabriel develops, but he is not that skilled.

No he’s not that skilled. But I still think he could play in the league in a couple of years.

He’ll play in the league. He’s 6’10 and a condisteng threat behind the arc. Assuming he stays 2 more years, Gabriel can for sure develop into an NBA player.

 

I hope you're right, I just dont see it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.