Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will They Stay or Will They Go?

Featured Replies

I hope you're right, I just dont see it.

Maybe I’m just overly optimistic. But everyone has been complaining about the lack of 4 year guys at UK and if only some of those guys would stay they could develop a lot. Well I think we are going to get the chance to see what happens assuming they don’t get some bad advice.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully they can find a shooter that can also play defense, rebound and jump unlike Gabriel. He is only useful when he is knocking down 3s. He is a liability on defense.

 

You don’t think he can rebound? Third on the team with 5.4 per

Maybe I’m just overly optimistic. But everyone has been complaining about the lack of 4 year guys at UK and if only some of those guys would stay they could develop a lot. Well I think we are going to get the chance to see what happens assuming they don’t get some bad advice.

 

Would be awesome if a couple do and they should. Just don't see the league for him after those four years, so if someone is willing to pay vs. indentured servitude of the NCAA, hard to not get paid elsewhere.

Gabriel needs to stay and hope to become Derek Willis.

Knox's dad said it wasn't a done deal that he was going to the NBA. So theirs a chance that he comes back

 

We’ve been around that block a few times. He’s not the first to say things like that, but we all know - he gone.

We’ve been around that block a few times. He’s not the first to say things like that, but we all know - he gone.

 

Agree

You don’t think he can rebound? Third on the team with 5.4 per

 

Best rebounder on the team, by far. Washinton led team at 5.7 per game. Knox at 5.4 and Gabriel at 5.4. Now when you consider minutes played, you realize for a skinny guy witn no weight to throw around, he is a Warrior. Really hope he comes back for another year. Believe he can be a real difference maker. Defensive shortfalls can be grown out of and Cal will get him there.

Gabriel needs to stay and hope to become Derek Willis.

 

Call me crazy but I think he gives the team the same if not more than Willis did already.

Call me crazy but I think he gives the team the same if not more than Willis did already.

 

If he comes back next year I think he will be a Derek clone. More aggressive, rounds and isn’t afraid to take big 3’s. It took Derek a while as well but he became relatively polished. Wenyen needs that.

 

I don’t think either of them are tremendous athletes. So that “one thing” that keeps them in the league is very limited.

If he comes back next year I think he will be a Derek clone. More aggressive, rounds and isn’t afraid to take big 3’s. It took Derek a while as well but he became relatively polished. Wenyen needs that.

 

I don’t think either of them are tremendous athletes. So that “one thing” that keeps them in the league is very limited.

 

Becoming a Derek Willis clone would be a regression for Gabriel, in my opinion. Sure at times this season he needed more confidence on taking big shots. I think we are definitely past that now.

 

I like Gabriel's overall game for Calipari's team better than Willis' at this point and that would only get even better with two more years, hopefully.

If he comes back next year I think he will be a Derek clone. More aggressive, rounds and isn’t afraid to take big 3’s. It took Derek a while as well but he became relatively polished. Wenyen needs that.

 

I don’t think either of them are tremendous athletes. So that “one thing” that keeps them in the league is very limited.

 

Gabriel is already 10 times further ahead of Willis at this point. At this point for Willis, Willis wasn't even playing in games as a freshman or sophomore.

Gabriel is already 10 times further ahead of Willis at this point. At this point for Willis, Willis wasn't even playing in games as a freshman or sophomore.

 

I see Wenyen as a reserve G league player at best. Also, don’t forget he’s already 21 so he should be solid. I simply disagree, he has a long way to go before becoming a pro.

 

I’m a tough critic though, I think Shai has a slow first step and questionable outside jumper and he’s lottery projection.

I really hope PJ comes back. He has a great feel down low and could really be a go to scorer. Also need another year of the PJ mean mug.

 

Expecting SGA, Knox and Diallo to go.

 

I think Knox, Alexander, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Washington and Gabriel all go. Only Knox and Alexander should go but I think we lose at least 5 and possibly 6 depending on how badly Gabriel's family needs the money. He's not as NBA player but he can make money overseas. It also wouldn't shock me to see Jones transfer.

 

And Richards. Possibly Jones and Baker if they don't transfer and Gabriel if his financial situation allows it.

 

I see Wenyen as a reserve G league player at best. Also, don’t forget he’s already 21 so he should be solid. I simply disagree, he has a long way to go before becoming a pro.

 

I’m a tough critic though, I think Shai has a slow first step and questionable outside jumper and he’s lottery projection.

 

No doubt Gabriel has to make big strides still if he is going to play in the NBA. I'm just pointing out that he is ten times further ahead of Willis at this point. Willis at this point couldn't even get on the floor. It wasn't until the middle of Willis junior season before he even did much. So if Gabriel stays and keeps improving he will have a much better shot than Willis.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.