Will They Stay or Will They Go?

UKMustangFan

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to wonder about Shai delaying his announcement because he wanted to talk it over more with family.....IMO, one of three things is happening....

1) He's trying to decide if he should go with/without an agent.

2) He was planning on going and is having second thoughts.

3) He wants to wait and see what Knox decides.

After reading Knox, Sr.'s quotes, I'm thinking #3. Knox seems genuinely torn, and knows he might be better served staying due to his extreme youth (doesn't turn 19 until August). Dad says "if he comes back it's to win a championship......." and referenced Shai stopping short of saying they're discussing between themselves about coming back together. Getting interesting, especially with the incoming class small by UK standards.

If Shai returns look for a potential Quade Green transfer with Quickley coming in. Also would not be surprised to see Wenyen leave.

Agree on Green, who may need to become more of a 2 if he stays; but the guard spot could get very crowded, especially if Hagens comes as seems to be a very viable option (but would it be for '18 or '19?).

Wenyan's another story as it seems to be more of an immediate money thing with him; but would love the front court depth & experience if he stays.

That seems to be a bit a a change with how Cal handles the issue. Seems like all I've ever heard before is him almost pushing players out the door if he thinks they will be picked in the 1st round.

Maybe Cal is beginning to see his way isn't working.

You must be referring to the National Championship, Runner Up, 4 Final Fours, 2 Elite 8’s, and numerous SEC regular season and tournament titles in 9 seasons.

Yeah, it worked pretty good until some other coaches got in on the act.

Everyone keeps saying that Wenyen needs the money, has that been reported or is it just speculation? I think he is the youngest of his siblings and all have attended and graduated college already. His parents have done a remarkable job since coming to this country...I think unless there is an immediate need for money they would prefer he get his degree before he leaves.

It’s a huge risk for Knox to stay. I’m interested in seeing what his choice is.

A huge risk from an injury standpoint or from his game getting possibly exposed and him going lower next year in the draft?

I think a top 10 pick or even a lottery pick almost always need to go, I can see his parents being concerned about his age though.