Will They Stay or Will They Go?

UKMustangFan

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would raise Washington to at least 50. The kid really wants to go from the way people are talking.

I'm sure he does really want to go. Most kids would want to go if they could go make millions in just a few more months. With that said just because he may want to go, doesn't mean he will. In his mind he may believe he will show out during the draft process. When in reality he probably will find out he would be lucky to even get drafted this year.

Best of luck to Diallo. I don’t know what he could’ve done for himself by staying, but I highly doubt he is drafted in the first round. I wouldn’t be shocked to never see him out of the G-League

I agree, another year at UK might have only seen his stock continue to drop. If he is going to make it in the NBA he is going to have to learn to shoot the ball better. I guess he might as well work on that while getting paid, but I don't see him on an NBA roster until he improves significantly. At some point you have to be able to play the game of basketball. Running fast and jumping high will only get you so far.

I agree, another year at UK might have only seen his stock continue to drop. If he is going to make it in the NBA he is going to have to learn to shoot the ball better. I guess he might as well work on that while getting paid, but I don't see him on an NBA roster until he improves significantly. At some point you have to be able to play the game of basketball. Running fast and jumping high will only get you so far.

As much as I think kids who aren't ready for the league should come back to school, sometimes I do wonder, is it better to go and work on it throughout your time in the G-League? You don't have classes, papers, tests, tutoring sessions or anything. All you have to do is work on your game. I don't think skipping college completely is a great idea, but for a player like Diallo, is it better to just get away from college distractions and just work on his game, maybe.

Gabriel and Green are the most likely to leave IMO.

It seems Cal is trying to get Tyrese Maxey (5* 2019 PG) to reclassify and join next year's team with Hagans. That happens, I have to believe it's because Green is looking to transfer.

Sink or swim.

Best of luck to Diallo. I don’t know what he could’ve done for himself by staying, but I highly doubt he is drafted in the first round. I wouldn’t be shocked to never see him out of the G-League

Low b-ball IQ, he’s also an athlete trying to play basketball. He’s worth a flier late. He’s the definition of a lottery ticket.

Low b-ball IQ, he’s also an athlete trying to play basketball. He’s worth a flier late. He’s the definition of a lottery ticket.

Good description of his game IMO. He's a rougher version of Richard Madison. Madison could rebound and battle underneath but never had a floor game for all of his athleticism.

Diallo has a floor game and drive but no shot and like you said his basketball IQ hasn't kicked in yet.