Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will They Stay or Will They Go?

Featured Replies

I would raise Washington to at least 50. The kid really wants to go from the way people are talking.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would raise Washington to at least 50. The kid really wants to go from the way people are talking.

 

I'm sure he does really want to go. Most kids would want to go if they could go make millions in just a few more months. With that said just because he may want to go, doesn't mean he will. In his mind he may believe he will show out during the draft process. When in reality he probably will find out he would be lucky to even get drafted this year.

I would raise Washington to at least 50. The kid really wants to go from the way people are talking.

 

He may really want to but that would be one of the worst decisions a UK player has made and I think he comes back.

  • Author

Gabriel and Green are the most likely to leave IMO.

 

It seems Cal is trying to get Tyrese Maxey (5* 2019 PG) to reclassify and join next year's team with Hagans. That happens, I have to believe it's because Green is looking to transfer.

Best of luck to Diallo. I don’t know what he could’ve done for himself by staying, but I highly doubt he is drafted in the first round. I wouldn’t be shocked to never see him out of the G-League

Best of luck to Diallo. I don’t know what he could’ve done for himself by staying, but I highly doubt he is drafted in the first round. I wouldn’t be shocked to never see him out of the G-League

 

I agree, another year at UK might have only seen his stock continue to drop. If he is going to make it in the NBA he is going to have to learn to shoot the ball better. I guess he might as well work on that while getting paid, but I don't see him on an NBA roster until he improves significantly. At some point you have to be able to play the game of basketball. Running fast and jumping high will only get you so far.

I agree, another year at UK might have only seen his stock continue to drop. If he is going to make it in the NBA he is going to have to learn to shoot the ball better. I guess he might as well work on that while getting paid, but I don't see him on an NBA roster until he improves significantly. At some point you have to be able to play the game of basketball. Running fast and jumping high will only get you so far.

 

As much as I think kids who aren't ready for the league should come back to school, sometimes I do wonder, is it better to go and work on it throughout your time in the G-League? You don't have classes, papers, tests, tutoring sessions or anything. All you have to do is work on your game. I don't think skipping college completely is a great idea, but for a player like Diallo, is it better to just get away from college distractions and just work on his game, maybe.

KSR was predicting yesterday that we'd hear something about Wenyen today. They seemed to believe he was leaving.

Gabriel and Green are the most likely to leave IMO.

 

It seems Cal is trying to get Tyrese Maxey (5* 2019 PG) to reclassify and join next year's team with Hagans. That happens, I have to believe it's because Green is looking to transfer.

 

Sink or swim.

Best of luck to Diallo. I don’t know what he could’ve done for himself by staying, but I highly doubt he is drafted in the first round. I wouldn’t be shocked to never see him out of the G-League

 

Low b-ball IQ, he’s also an athlete trying to play basketball. He’s worth a flier late. He’s the definition of a lottery ticket.

Low b-ball IQ, he’s also an athlete trying to play basketball. He’s worth a flier late. He’s the definition of a lottery ticket.

 

Good description of his game IMO. He's a rougher version of Richard Madison. Madison could rebound and battle underneath but never had a floor game for all of his athleticism.

 

Diallo has a floor game and drive but no shot and like you said his basketball IQ hasn't kicked in yet.

  • Author

Important Dates for the draft:

 

April 22: NBA Early Entry Eligibility Deadline

 

May 16-20: NBA Draft Combine 2018

 

May 30: NCAA’s NBA Draft Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.