Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will They Stay or Will They Go?

Featured Replies

Good description of his game IMO. He's a rougher version of Richard Madison. Madison could rebound and battle underneath but never had a floor game for all of his athleticism.

 

Diallo has a floor game and drive but no shot and like you said his basketball IQ hasn't kicked in yet.

 

And he can't bank in 25 footers from the wing like Master Blaster did.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a quick recap:

 

Knox, SGA, and Diallo all declared with an agent

Washington and Gabriel declared without an agent

Sacha announced transfer

Wynard wasn't allowed back

 

Does that sum it up so far?

Matt Jones had Rex Champan on his podcast and Rex gave the following thoughts:

 

Wenyen will return.

SGA is more NBA ready than Kevin Knox. He says SGA can play right away where Knox will get limited minutes early. However, Kevin's ability to his the outside shot , despite not having a handle, will allow him to stay in the league for a long time.

Diallo needs to go to the G League to get a lot of minutes against grown men.

PJ Washington will not get drafted if he stays in the draft.

Matt Jones had Rex Champan on his podcast and Rex gave the following thoughts:

 

Wenyen will return.

SGA is more NBA ready than Kevin Knox. He says SGA can play right away where Knox will get limited minutes early. However, Kevin's ability to his the outside shot , despite not having a handle, will allow him to stay in the league for a long time.

Diallo needs to go to the G League to get a lot of minutes against grown men.

PJ Washington will not get drafted if he stays in the draft.

 

That was a great podcast to listen to and I'm referring to everything else they discussed. Highly recommend.

Matt Jones had Rex Champan on his podcast and Rex gave the following thoughts:

 

Wenyen will return.

SGA is more NBA ready than Kevin Knox. He says SGA can play right away where Knox will get limited minutes early. However, Kevin's ability to his the outside shot , despite not having a handle, will allow him to stay in the league for a long time.

Diallo needs to go to the G League to get a lot of minutes against grown men.

PJ Washington will not get drafted if he stays in the draft.

 

Wenyen will not get drafted this year so he will have to come back or go elsewhere. 0% chance he gets drafted.

Wenyen will not get drafted this year so he will have to come back or go elsewhere. 0% chance he gets drafted.

 

I think everyone knows this. He'll put his name in the draft but then head overseas, if he keeps his name in it.

  • Author
I think everyone knows this. He'll put his name in the draft but then head overseas, if he keeps his name in it.

 

Yep. And with the success that guys like Humphries and Briscoe had this year, it's hard to blame any of them doing it.

  • Author

Vanderbilt has declared for the draft without an agent.

Vanderbilt has declared for the draft without an agent.

 

Given his injury, this one doesn't make a ton of sense to me. He'll be back though I bet.

Vanderbilt has declared for the draft without an agent.

 

Given his injury, this one doesn't make a ton of sense to me. He'll be back though I bet.

 

I am more confident in Washington being back than Vanderbilt. I can see Vanderbilt impressing a lot of folks like Diallo did last year. As long as he is healthy he will probably test out at a high level. Washington won't test out well, but Vanderbilt will. In the NBA it's all about potential. So while I think he will be back. I do think he possibly could get a few good enough reviews to where he may go.

I am more confident in Washington being back than Vanderbilt. I can see Vanderbilt impressing a lot of folks like Diallo did last year. As long as he is healthy he will probably test out at a high level. Washington won't test out well, but Vanderbilt will. In the NBA it's all about potential. So while I think he will be back. I do think he possibly could get a few good enough reviews to where he may go.

 

I agree with you. But it sounds like he will be unable to test out well due to injury.

I think Knox, Alexander, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Washington and Gabriel all go. Only Knox and Alexander should go but I think we lose at least 5 and possibly 6 depending on how badly Gabriel's family needs the money. He's not as NBA player but he can make money overseas. It also wouldn't shock me to see Jones transfer.

 

How's this prediction looking now?

How's this prediction looking now?

 

About the same as it did then. Most players should declare. If Washington, Gabriel, and Vanderbilt all come back. Which is a good possibility. Then the prediction doesn't look that good. So might have been better waiting to see if they leave for sure or not.

About the same as it did then. Most players should declare. If Washington, Gabriel, and Vanderbilt all come back. Which is a good possibility. Then the prediction doesn't look that good. So might have been better waiting to see if they leave for sure or not.

 

I said 5 or 6. We're already at 4 confirmed gone, 3 more declared.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.