Will They Stay or Will They Go?

UKMustangFan

No doubt Gabriel has to make big strides still if he is going to play in the NBA. I'm just pointing out that he is ten times further ahead of Willis at this point. Willis at this point couldn't even get on the floor. It wasn't until the middle of Willis junior season before he even did much. So if Gabriel stays and keeps improving he will have a much better shot than Willis.

That was back when Cal had loaded rosters, Wenyen wouldn’t have either. In any event I hope he sticks around, gets a degree and just becomes more polished so he can make money playing ball for the next 10 years. He probably can now, just think it would be smarter for him to invest another year into himself.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was back when Cal had loaded rosters, Wenyen wouldn’t have either. In any event I hope he sticks around, gets a degree and just becomes more polished so he can make money playing ball for the next 10 years. He probably can now, just think it would be smarter for him to invest another year into himself.

Keep in mind Wenyen actually took some of Willis's minutes to as a freshman last season. He even took Willis's starting spot for awhile. I really think if Gabriel stays around all 4 years he will end up being a very good college player, better than Willis and at least have a shot to get a true look at the NBA level unlike Willis.

Front court wise UK could be solid with experience for the next few years as long as people stay. Washington should be a three to four year guy. Gabriel a three to four year guy, same with Richards and Jones.

Richards still has the most upside out of this group, and I hope he makes huge strides and becomes the player I think he can be.

No he’s not that skilled. But I still think he could play in the league in a couple of years.

Gabriel will have to get much stronger, improve as a ball handler and become a better defender if he ever hopes to play in the NBA. I hope he makes it, but I just don't see it unless he greatly improves.

I definitely Gabriel is better than Willis overall and will be at the end of four years (if he stays). I don't believe either would be an NBA caliber player. Seems the'd both be better playing overseas and making more money that the G League, if they want to play professionally.

I definitely Gabriel is better than Willis overall and will be at the end of four years (if he stays). I don't believe either would be an NBA caliber player. Seems the'd both be better playing overseas and making more money that the G League, if they want to play professionally.

I agree with this. I'd venture that Wenyen is better currently than Willis was after 4 years. JMO.

Keep in mind Wenyen actually took some of Willis's minutes to as a freshman last season. He even took Willis's starting spot for awhile. I really think if Gabriel stays around all 4 years he will end up being a very good college player, better than Willis and at least have a shot to get a true look at the NBA level unlike Willis.

Front court wise UK could be solid with experience for the next few years as long as people stay. Washington should be a three to four year guy. Gabriel a three to four year guy, same with Richards and Jones.

Richards still has the most upside out of this group, and I hope he makes huge strides and becomes the player I think he can be.

Wenyen also looked horrific as a frosh as well. He is a 4 year player, that’s the best case scenario for him and for UK. Keep in mind we often focus on the 5 stars that succeed at UK, not the ones currently playing in Estonia. I understand that overseas pay is still something and good on them for making money to play ball.