Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will They Stay or Will They Go?

Featured Replies

No doubt Gabriel has to make big strides still if he is going to play in the NBA. I'm just pointing out that he is ten times further ahead of Willis at this point. Willis at this point couldn't even get on the floor. It wasn't until the middle of Willis junior season before he even did much. So if Gabriel stays and keeps improving he will have a much better shot than Willis.

 

That was back when Cal had loaded rosters, Wenyen wouldn’t have either. In any event I hope he sticks around, gets a degree and just becomes more polished so he can make money playing ball for the next 10 years. He probably can now, just think it would be smarter for him to invest another year into himself.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was back when Cal had loaded rosters, Wenyen wouldn’t have either. In any event I hope he sticks around, gets a degree and just becomes more polished so he can make money playing ball for the next 10 years. He probably can now, just think it would be smarter for him to invest another year into himself.

 

Keep in mind Wenyen actually took some of Willis's minutes to as a freshman last season. He even took Willis's starting spot for awhile. I really think if Gabriel stays around all 4 years he will end up being a very good college player, better than Willis and at least have a shot to get a true look at the NBA level unlike Willis.

 

Front court wise UK could be solid with experience for the next few years as long as people stay. Washington should be a three to four year guy. Gabriel a three to four year guy, same with Richards and Jones.

 

Richards still has the most upside out of this group, and I hope he makes huge strides and becomes the player I think he can be.

Gabriel is not even close to an NBA level player at this point.

No he’s not that skilled. But I still think he could play in the league in a couple of years.

 

Gabriel will have to get much stronger, improve as a ball handler and become a better defender if he ever hopes to play in the NBA. I hope he makes it, but I just don't see it unless he greatly improves.

I definitely Gabriel is better than Willis overall and will be at the end of four years (if he stays). I don't believe either would be an NBA caliber player. Seems the'd both be better playing overseas and making more money that the G League, if they want to play professionally.

  • Author
I definitely Gabriel is better than Willis overall and will be at the end of four years (if he stays). I don't believe either would be an NBA caliber player. Seems the'd both be better playing overseas and making more money that the G League, if they want to play professionally.

 

I agree with this. I'd venture that Wenyen is better currently than Willis was after 4 years. JMO.

  • Author

Seems like there is quite a bit of chatter that a sophomore season for Knox may actually happen. I won't believe it until I actually hear it from Knox, but it sounds like a lot people think it's a real possibility.

Keep in mind Wenyen actually took some of Willis's minutes to as a freshman last season. He even took Willis's starting spot for awhile. I really think if Gabriel stays around all 4 years he will end up being a very good college player, better than Willis and at least have a shot to get a true look at the NBA level unlike Willis.

 

Front court wise UK could be solid with experience for the next few years as long as people stay. Washington should be a three to four year guy. Gabriel a three to four year guy, same with Richards and Jones.

 

Richards still has the most upside out of this group, and I hope he makes huge strides and becomes the player I think he can be.

 

Wenyen also looked horrific as a frosh as well. He is a 4 year player, that’s the best case scenario for him and for UK. Keep in mind we often focus on the 5 stars that succeed at UK, not the ones currently playing in Estonia. I understand that overseas pay is still something and good on them for making money to play ball.

I believe I read Wenyen is on track to graduate after his third year. Is that correct ?

  • Author
I believe I read Wenyen is on track to graduate after his third year. Is that correct ?

 

Yes. He will be done after next year.

Yes. He will be done after next year.

 

If he is putting in that type of work in the classroom I would expect him to return , it seems important to him.

Evans for UC is entering the draft. Would have been for UC to have him back.

Sounds like 50/50 for Knox. Alexander 99% leaving. Vanderbilt and Washington both injured so may not even get to participate in combine.

Wynard is gone, Cal is 0-2 asking big men to be organizational depth.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.