Open Job: Bowling Green

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think so? Even with what could end up being a who’s who of HS football coaches putting in for the job?

Absolutely. Only way they go a different direction is if Spader just flat out says no.

If he happened to say no, people will act like they have a clue who BG would select. But there guess is as good as anybody’s. It is a prime time job so it will attract prime time coaching talent.

Plenty of guys across the state that double up as both.

Lovelace at Christian, David Barnes at Caldwell are just a couple off the top of my head.

IMO, the only way it’s not Spader is if he doesn’t want it, and he very well may not.

There is a wise saying that’s often proven to be true when it comes to high profile coaching jobs:

“Don’t be the man to follow the man, be the man that followed the man who followed THE man.”

There is a level of pressure that comes with job moreso now than ever before in its history. That’s something to factor in when thinking about who is interested from a standpoint of just fishing around or who is actually interested.

With that prime time comes prime time heat. I am sure Bowling Green wants to win as badly as Highlands, Cov Cath, Trinity, St. X and several other schools across the state. Coach Wallace set the bar extremely high.

The administration had no problem letting DG Sherrill be the AD & Boys Basketball coach at the same time. Certainly football may be a different bear, but the right hire is that man in that building.

Right. Just depends on if Spader has the energy to do both effectively. If he’s up to it then I would say he’s a top candidate.

With that prime time comes prime time heat. I am sure Bowling Green wants to win as badly as Highlands, Cov Cath, Trinity, St. X and several other schools across the state. Coach Wallace set the bar extremely high.

It does; just without the prime time money.

I dont see it, South Warren has more talent in the pipeline than Bowling Green does.

Maybe that's true, maybe that's not, but that has a way of turning fast when Bowling Green is involved. For years they were awful at the middle school level, but by the time those same Purples were playing varsity, they would wipe out the other teams they played. That's to say nothing of the fact that there are often quite a few players that move over to Bowling Green after middle school, including some who attended private school. South has developed well, but I wouldn't hang my hat on the middle school results.