Open Job: Bowling Green

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not talking about facebook at all, talking about people close to the situation at BG.

I’m talking about the same people. All that whining was unnecessary and quite frankly it was embarrassing. Everyone close to the situation knows how much “damage” was done and everyone close to the situation knows that South Warren handled the situation once it was brought to their attention. Anything else is just a petty smear campaign/empty tough talk and unless these same people plan to apologize for actions done by BG students/athletes in the past that were worse than that video then I don’t want to hear it. Fact of the matter is BG lost a game they expected to win, saw a video of kids celebrating the win and then got in their feelings. Period. I have zero reason to believe that South Warren is lying when they said they paid for the “damages”.

I’m talking about the same people. All that whining was unnecessary and quite frankly it was embarrassing. Everyone close to the situation knows how much “damage” was done and everyone close to the situation knows that South Warren handled the situation once it was brought to their attention. Anything else is just a petty smear campaign/empty tough talk and unless these same people plan to apologize for actions done by BG students/athletes in the past that were worse than that video then I don’t want to hear it. Fact of the matter is BG lost a game they expected to win, saw a video of kids celebrating the win and then got in their feelings. Period. I have zero reason to believe that South Warren is lying when they said they paid for the “damages”.

Hey, I'm just sharing that the people I've heard from from BG do think it was a big deal that reflects negatively on Smith.

The longer they take to make a decision on the hire, makes me think that the coach is already in the building and they pretty much know who their guy is.

If Warren South's coach believed that there was about to be a power shift toward his school, why would he want to move to Bowling Green now? I'm not going to start talking real crazy (The red devil juice has been pretty good so far this year), but I hope you get the guy you want and everything's good when when the Purples roll up the Natcher to visit. Really looking forward to it. Before anyone says it, I know "Be careful what you wish for." Well, I'm wishing, bring 'em on! To be the man you have to beat the man. Ohs needs to even up the score. BG is up by one or two games.

And I’m just calling those people petty hypocrites. Saying it reflects on Smith is one of the dumbest things they could say.

They could very well be hypocrites, I don't know that history. I do think that a teams actions do reflect on a coach either negatively or positively.

They could very well be hypocrites, I don't know that history. I do think that a teams actions do reflect on a coach either negatively or positively.

I don’t. Kids do dumb stuff and kids make mistakes. Happens every single day. It’s happening right now. When that incident happened there were all kinds of stories and blame going around about what went down. This BGHS graduate wasn’t the least bit concerned about that video. They were happy for doing something no one gave them a chance to do. I’m a petty human being and I also know a whole lot about how the conversations about that video went down. I’m not petty enough to hold those actions in that video against anyone at South Warren. To me that is silly. If the rumors are true that BG never contacted Brandon Smith and that they don’t want him because of that video then it is just another reminder of how disappointing the leadership at BG has been this past year and a half.

I don’t. Kids do dumb stuff and kids make mistakes. Happens every single day. It’s happening right now. When that incident happened there were all kinds of stories and blame going around about what went down. This BGHS graduate wasn’t the least bit concerned about that video. They were happy for doing something no one gave them a chance to do. I’m a petty human being and I also know a whole lot about how the conversations about that video went down. I’m not petty enough to hold those actions in that video against anyone at South Warren. To me that is silly. If the rumors are true that BG never contacted Brandon Smith and that they don’t want him because of that video then it is just another reminder of how disappointing the leadership at BG has been this past year and a half.

We obviously have different standards we hold people to but that's ok. It sounds like it's a moot point if Smith is just biding his time until BC opens up.

Totally agree with you. Kids do dumb things. We as a society hold coaches to a higher standard it seems than we do ourselves as parents. It's hard enough to make sure our own kid(s) don't ever do dumb things in their lives (or keep them to a minimum), but we expect coaches to make sure that their 30-100 walk the straight line.

That incident in the BG locker room after the SW win is not one bit the reflection of the coach Brandon Smith is.

I'm so sick of hearing no harm, no foul about the locker room. Try going into your boss's office, throwing a few chairs, a flag or two, flipping over a desk, then cleaning it up and see how well that goes over. That argument is absurd.

The video after the BG game was just the icing on the cake for the locker room antics that have been going on with South Warren football for the last few years. South's behavior on and off the field is an embarrassment to their school, their district, and their community.

And if you even have to ask what those are, you are either living under a rock or you don't care.

ALL of that falls under the head coach.

I'm so sick of hearing no harm, no foul about the locker room. Try going into your boss's office, throwing a few chairs, a flag or two, flipping over a desk, then cleaning it up and see how well that goes over. That argument is absurd.

The video after the BG game was just the icing on the cake for the locker room antics that have been going on with South Warren football for the last few years. South's behavior on and off the field is an embarrassment to their school, their district, and their community.

And if you even have to ask what those are, you are either living under a rock or you don't care.

ALL of that falls under the head coach.

Two entirely different situations and the most important caveat you left out is how that was taken care of once it was brought to light. The whole those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones cliche is coming to mind at this point.