Open Job: Bowling Green

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what Ben Bruni is doing nowadays? He coached the most successful teams in Warren East history just a few years ago and played on BG"s first state title team I think. Seems like someone that might be considered if he is still interested in coaching.

There's a video that went around after South Warren's win over Bowling Green that I would have to get to the bottom of before I took a look at Brandon Smith. That stuff starts at the top. I'm sure Bowling Green hasn't forgotten that.

To add to that, if I am Brandon Smith I tell BG to kick rocks. South Warren is about to pass BG as the premier program in that area and it will be because of him. Plus, there is a much better job waiting for him down the road.

Anyone know what Ben Bruni is doing nowadays? He coached the most successful teams in Warren East history just a few years ago and played on BG"s first state title team I think. Seems like someone that might be considered if he is still interested in coaching.

Principal at Russellville High School

To add to that, if I am Brandon Smith I tell BG to kick rocks. South Warren is about to pass BG as the premier program in that area and it will be because of him. Plus, there is a much better job waiting for him down the road.
From a talent standpoint, South Warren will be taking a dip after 2018. Hence the reason smith may have an interest. South Warren is just Warren Central 2.0. SW is just a year removed from being beaten twice in the same year by Franklin while having 3 D1 players on their team.

From a talent standpoint, South Warren will be taking a dip after 2018. Hence the reason smith may have an interest. South Warren is just Warren Central 2.0. SW is just a year removed from being beaten twice in the same year by Franklin while having 3 D1 players on their team.

Granted some of my info is coming from South Warren people but they are in love with the talent they have coming up after 2018.

The same was said about South Warren in 2017, even their own fans were quiet coming into the season. IMO, SW as well as BG are well enough established that you won't see much of a talent drop off from either one. Assuming BG lands a good hire, expect that rivalry to become one of the best in the state in the coming years.

This is an important hire for Bowling Green. When you've only had 2 coaches for as long as most of us can remember you are doing something right. But as a die hard Purples fan, I'd like that train to continue.

In saying that, I'm a Mark Spader guy and think he has earned the right to take the job IF he wants it.

Here's the thing though to me: With Coach Wallace gone, who is running the offense? Exactly.

To me, it would make sense to go outside the Purple Dome and see if there is an excellent offensive mind available. Would he be ok to work with Coach Spader as DC since Spader is already the AD at BG? That way once Coach Spaders son graduates in 2 years, we aren't back here again. We've got our guy and all he needs to do is replace the Defensive Coordinator.

Am I off base here?

This is an important hire for Bowling Green. When you've only had 2 coaches for as long as most of us can remember you are doing something right. But as a die hard Purples fan, I'd like that train to continue.

In saying that, I'm a Mark Spader guy and think he has earned the right to take the job IF he wants it.

Here's the thing though to me: With Coach Wallace gone, who is running the offense? Exactly.

To me, it would make sense to go outside the Purple Dome and see if there is an excellent offensive mind available. Would he be ok to work with Coach Spader as DC since Spader is already the AD at BG? That way once Coach Spaders son graduates in 2 years, we aren't back here again. We've got our guy and all he needs to do is replace the Defensive Coordinator.

Am I off base here?

Sounds good. I would agree IF Coach spader wants it he’ll be a top candidate, but I’m sure the committee will trust the process and make sure they hire the right guy.

In regards to the offense, it’ll be interesting to see who takes over. Again, IF he wants it their QB Coach was the OC Boone Co. when Coach Grif took the Boone Co job.

Sounds good. I would agree IF Coach spader wants it he’ll be a top candidate, but I’m sure the committee will trust the process and make sure they hire the right guy.

In regards to the offense, it’ll be interesting to see who takes over. Again, IF he wants it their QB Coach was the OC Boone Co. when Coach Grif took the Boone Co job.

I think this is sound thinking. HOWEVER, if EVER BG went out on the Big Stage to see who might be interested, could there stock ever be higher to attract a possibly higher profile coach? I'm not calling for that but I am saying I would open the line and listen.

I think this is sound thinking. HOWEVER, if EVER BG went out on the Big Stage to see who might be interested, could there stock ever be higher to attract a possibly higher profile coach? I'm not calling for that but I am saying I would open the line and listen.

Absolutely! No better way to find the true “value” of a program than seeing who applies.

This is pretty much my thought process.