School Shooting At Marshall County High School

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bully is to use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants. Google is a great machine.

Google is great to get the textbook answer. Now answer the question in terms of real life and situational.

The term is so loosely used, yet it never seems to be defined. Until its defined, how can you deal with it to make change.

My nephew attends CCMS and he is bullied at school and now starting on social media going on 2yrs (father has been to school couple of times) this year he was physical assaulted (pushing). They changed his class times to separate the two one could say my nephew makes it easy but it really doesn’t matter how he is or isn’t it shouldn’t be happening but it does.

While I agree to an extent, a utopia isn't likely to happen. However the fact that this young man likely showed signs of mental illness is something that can be monitored better and addressed. The bullying was likely what caused the aggression but the mindset was likely festering for a while.

Bottom line is you can likely place blame for bullying, lack of supervision, not identifying or handling signs of mental illness properly. At some point though, the blame rests on the shoulders of the shooter.

I don't want anyone to think my previous comments were trying to deflect blame. The shooter made the decision to do this and he should be punished. It may turn out this kid wasn't bullied and was just a whack job.

Google is great to get the textbook answer. Now answer the question in terms of real life and situational.

The term is so loosely used, yet it never seems to be defined. Until its defined, how can you deal with it to make change.

Bullying is different for everyone... Someone saying "You're stupid" over and over to one kid could be the same as another kid getting the crap kicked out of him every day.

The most simple start to the solution is teaching kids to be nice to each other. Simple and effective.

Bullying is different for everyone... Someone saying "You're stupid" over and over to one kid could be the same as another kid getting the crap kicked out of him every day.

The most simple start to the solution is teaching kids to be nice to each other. Simple and effective.

I think it is also helping kids that ARE bullied, intimidated, humiliated to have tools to deal with this. Kids have different access to resources...parents, siblings, friends, and this can play a part in whether a child can deal with being "bullied" or internalizes this issue to an unhealthy level. That's oversimplifying, but adolescents mature at different ages, have different esteem issues, etc. and even actions unintended to be "bullying" can be incorrectly perceived. We teach kids math, science, technology, literature, shop, but are we teaching them how to live in society?

I think it goes beyond teaching your kid to be nice. I think if parents took it a step further and taught their kids to stand up for kids they see being bullied, it would go a long way to stopping it.

I think it goes beyond teaching your kid to be nice. I think if parents took it a step further and taught their kids to stand up for kids they see being bullied, it would go a long way to stopping it.

Cant stand up anymore, you get called a bully yourself. Cant defend yourself, do so and get suspended or expelled.