Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

School Shooting At Marshall County High School

Featured Replies

Has there been a mass shooting at a venue that has metal detectors? Never really gave it much thought. The shootings have happened in several schools that do not have detectors? Can’t put a value on someone’s life, but I also don’t want to have a body cavity search every where I go.

 

Yes, there have been multiple shootings where there was a metal detector. Several at courthouses. There was a mass shooting at a high school in MN where shooter killed 5 students. There were two unarmed guards. He killed one as he entered and the other one was able to escape uninjured.

  • Replies 206
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was tried as an adult wasn't he?

 

Yes, just like this one will be

Officers are not superheroes. Our SRO is spread thin between policing the parking lot and school. A gunman would have no trouble completing tons of mayhem by the time the officer made from one side of the school to the other. I say that and I believe our SRO does a great job. He just ain’t Superman.

 

I know these things come down to money. IF we lived in a perfect world these social media companies that allow minors on their sites creating an explosion of 24/7 bullying would chip in.

 

Of course gun companies should too, but...nevermind I said that.

Officers are not superheroes. Our SRO is spread thin between policing the parking lot and school. A gunman would have no trouble completing tons of mayhem by the time the officer made from one side of the school to the other. I say that and I believe our SRO does a great job. He just ain’t Superman.

 

I know these things come down to money. IF we lived in a perfect world these social media companies that allow minors on their sites creating an explosion of 24/7 bullying would chip in.

 

Of course gun companies should too, but...nevermind I said that.

 

What does a teacher make compared to an SRO? It seems like Ohio teachers are in the $55-$60 range now or is that just my district?

What does a teacher make compared to an SRO? It seems like Ohio teachers are in the $55-$60 range now or is that just my district?

It varies greatly, based on years of experience and certification. It also varies by district. I'm going to put a link to the salary scale for my district. We tend to be in the middle of the pack overall.

 

https://www.oldham.kyschools.us/index.php/component/easyfolderlistingpro/?view=download&format=raw&data=eNpNjmEOgjAMhe_SE7BoEMs1_ElCqhRZMgbZBqLGu1s2iP7a3nv92keoFL495gjtYBp2UHpUBQK_kq46V3ky5J4xUQiTZ5cyHy2EbI_uE_vw23NCqOvorapIqKWeV5khrE-eXFzdQKkxS5BjM1Lo_qaEbbXhnRV5Ybp1W4WD1F3C9hubdrvNy6gd-32xkl0UgmA9W5m-RvcshONZ8yN1Plwi2MHKlc8X9l5Zdg,,

What does a teacher make compared to an SRO? It seems like Ohio teachers are in the $55-$60 range now or is that just my district?

 

At my district it takes a lot of years and education to get to 55-60k. Not sure about the SRO scale like TB&G said I’m sure it depends on experience and education for them too.

At my district it takes a lot of years and education to get to 55-60k. Not sure about the SRO scale like TB&G said I’m sure it depends on experience and education for them too.

 

I wish that schools could afford more funding but like you said, security at any level is often reactionary. I wonder if long term were moving to a metal dectector culture.

I wish that schools could afford more funding but like you said, security at any level is often reactionary. I wonder if long term were moving to a metal dectector culture.

 

They are also a deterrent from the event from ever happening. If its know there are metal detectors and 3 armed officers at all times in the building, it may stop some of these events from happening before they ever start. Not all, but some. Again, what is a life worth.

I wish that schools could afford more funding but like you said, security at any level is often reactionary. I wonder if long term were moving to a metal dectector culture.

 

I don’t see any other way. Too many of us butt heads on the limitations on the 2nd amendment; so much that nothing will ever get done.

I also don’t see social media companies helping on bullying.

 

The only choice is making schools safer.

Edited by Hellcats
Forgotten e

They are also a deterrent from the event from ever happening. If its know there are metal detectors and 3 armed officers at all times in the building, it may stop some of these events from happening before they ever start. Not all, but some. Again, what is a life worth.

How much you willing to spend and where you going to come up withe money. Remember there are about 98,000 public schools in the US.

How much you willing to spend and where you going to come up withe money. Remember there are about 98,000 public schools in the US.

 

$20 a person, times 200 million people = 4 trillion dollars, seems like an easy start. Thats roughly 40K per school. Again, what is a life worth.

$5 a person, times 200 million people = 1 trillion dollars, seems like an easy start.

You might want to check your math

How much you willing to spend and where you going to come up withe money. Remember there are about 98,000 public schools in the US.

 

Considering many of these incidents results in multimillion dollar lawsuits, schools may be ahead by taking the safety measures and eating the cost.

Considering many of these incidents results in multimillion dollar lawsuits, schools may be ahead by taking the safety measures and eating the cost.

Not even close. 1 guard per school would cost in the $5 billion a year range.

You might want to check your math

 

4 Billion / 4 Trillion. It's not like there's much difference between the two. Instead of $20 we just need to ask everybody to put in a little more to the tune of $20,000.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.