Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

School Shooting At Marshall County High School

Featured Replies

I don't know if anyone has posted this already but I heard on the news that the shooter's mother was a local reporter who found out her son was the shooter when she rushed to the scene to report on the shooting.

  • Replies 206
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if anyone has posted this already but I heard on the news that the shooter's mother was a local reporter who found out her son was the shooter when she rushed to the scene to report on the shooting.

 

So many people are wrongly speculating...on many things

The Courier-Journal is reporting that the shooter's mother is a local journalist who found how her son was in custody for the shooting when she rushed to the scene to report for the Marshall County Daily Online.

 

CJ: Alleged Shooter's Mother Was Journalist Who Responded To Sce - LEX18.com | Continuous News and StormTracker Weather

 

WKYT reported this story this morning. What an awful way to find out.

 

On a side note I have been impressed with the outpouring of compassion by high schools across the state.

Kentucky shootings: Gabe Parker suspect in Marshall County shootings

 

It was a journalist's worst nightmare.

 

The editor of the Marshall County Daily Online raced to the county's high school Tuesday morning after reports that shots had been fired.

 

She arrived, said a colleague, to discover that the alleged shooter was her own son – 15-year-old Gabe Parker.

 

Seems the shooter has been identified.

The article says she refused to comment. It’s speculation that’s why she was there...

You would think that she would have gone in the capacity of a parent first. If there is a shooting at your kid's school, wouldn't you make sure that your kid is okay first before covering it as a story?

You would think that she would have gone in the capacity of a parent first. If there is a shooting at your kid's school, wouldn't you make sure that your kid is okay first before covering it as a story?

 

I'd say that is correct.

You would think that she would have gone in the capacity of a parent first. If there is a shooting at your kid's school, wouldn't you make sure that your kid is okay first before covering it as a story?

Someone told me that the kid called her to say he was okay.

This is what it looks like at 90% of high schools in KY.

 

Sadly without metal detectors at doors there is no way to stop a school shooter.

 

The real question is why they are not there to begin with.

These shootings are so sad.

 

In regards to bullying, no, it does not justify any shooting. The shooter is ultimately responsible for his/her actions.

 

However, it cannot be ignored. It can play a role. I cannot imagine being either a child who is bullied or a parent of a bullied child.

 

If IF bullying contributed to this 15 year old boy shooting classmates then I do feel sad for him.

I am also against this kid being tried as an adult. Serves no valuable purpose. Are we going to put him in prison with grown men?

These shootings are so sad.

 

In regards to bullying, no, it does not justify any shooting. The shooter is ultimately responsible for his/her actions.

 

However, it cannot be ignored. It can play a role. I cannot imagine being either a child who is bullied or a parent of a bullied child.

 

If IF bullying contributed to this 15 year old boy shooting classmates then I do feel sad for him.

 

I don't feel bad for anyone who kills innocent people.

I am also against this kid being tried as an adult. Serves no valuable purpose. Are we going to put him in prison with grown men?

 

He'll be in a juvenile detention center until he turns 18 and then sent to prison.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.