Why does Newport Catholic not have their own football field yet?

To piggy back off of this question, how much money does NCC spend per year renting the field at Newport? What other expenses go along with that? Where do NCC's soccer teams play?

Soccer teams play in Silver Grove (RT 8) at the old Moescher baseball fields.

My understanding is that the Bishop has already approved the new football stadium.

This is interesting.

It sure seemed to me as if a lot of the individuals posting with from the inside track of the Thoroughbreds community were stating that the Bishop was very much in the way of the new football stadium. It sounds like there may or may not be some lines crossed here.

How much longer does the current bishop hold his position? Is there a time lime? Sorry I'm not aware how it works....

All bishops are required to submit a letter of resignation to the Vatican when they turn 75 years old, and then the Vatican decides whether to accept the letter of resignation, or if the bishop will remain at their position longer.

Bishop Foys turns 75 in July 2020. While St. John Paul II was Pope, the Vatican would frequently allow bishops to remain in their position until age 80. I'm not sure what the tendencies of Pope Benedict XVI or Pope Francis have been.

I personally think it is an absolute joke that a school has to ask permission from an old man in a robe and funny hat to make improvements to their facilities. whether it be for academics or sports. Why can't the NewCath higher ups call up the Vatican directly and ask for a small donation for upgrades to the school vs private donors. We all know the vatican has more than enough cash flow. According to google between $10-15 Billion.

Edited by Jackie Ed
typo

I personally think it is an absolute joke that a school has to ask permission from an old man in a robe and funny hat to make improvements to their facilities. whether it be for academics or sports. Why can't the NewCath higher ups call up the Vatican directly and ask for a small donation for upgrades to the school vs private donors. We all know the vatican has more than enough cash flow. According to google between $10-15 Billion.

It's his facility...not the administrators', faculty's, or alumni's...the Diocese of Covington (which the bishop is legally in charge of) is literally the name on the deed.

Can we get a football field?

IMG_4664.JPG

My understanding is that the Bishop has already approved the new football stadium.

I find it very hard to believe the bishop has approved a Brossart sports complex and an Ncc football complex to both be built at same time. You talk about a lot of money at the same time. I would be shocked. But if this is true what is this thread even about when do they break ground? 2 schools with total enrollement of less than 600 combined building million dollar facilites at same time. Very risky.

Why would he not approve them if it’s coming from private donors? If someone wanted to add on or renovate my property that would increase its value, and I get the appreciation then go for it

What if you owned a multimillion dollar estate with an unequaled view of the skyline of one of the most picturesque skylines in the midwest...and then your kids told you they wanted to build a big putt-putt course in your yard and told you it would be an absolutely awesome idea, but you just didn't see how a putt-putt course would benefit you in any way no matter how much your kids told you that they would absolutely love it...

I find it very hard to believe the bishop has approved a Brossart sports complex and an Ncc football complex to both be built at same time. You talk about a lot of money at the same time. I would be shocked. But if this is true what is this thread even about when do they break ground? 2 schools with total enrollement of less than 600 combined building million dollar facilites at same time. Very risky.

Its coming from a private donor and will not cost the diocese a dime.

Its coming from a private donor and will not cost the diocese a dime.

I'm pretty sure most of the money going towards Brossart's complex was raised privately as well. Not much risk for the Diocese in either case and plenty of reward. Neither school is going anywhere.