Why does Newport Catholic not have their own football field yet?

At yet another Xmas party last night. On the topic of NewCath ever getting a stadium of their own. My source who knows the source of the potential donation personally. Said one idea being tossed around was leveling out the current student Parking lot and having the one end zone face north looking at Downtown Cincy. Logistics on parking etc were not known. My source also said if this donator was turned away yet once again he would take his money and give it away elsewhere and not to ever ask again. Again my source knows the potential donator on a personal level.

As KyJoe asked before, anyone have plans on paper?

the way my source was talking it seemed the potential donator has zero concerns or cares about the bishop.

Me personally would tell the bishop to take a hike. The Diocese needs the schools more than the other way around

What is the potential cost? You can’t put the Diocese or the school in financial harm unless the donor(s) are willing to pay for the entire facility and potentially include its maintenance. Can the school afford to pay to replace the turf when it’s time, or will there be another fundraising event? IMO, installing a facility of this magnitude is an incredible generous gesture, but it may of missed its timeframe. My only thought is it would be foolish for donor(s) to invest in re-engineering the hill without any guarantees it stays open for the foreseeable future. Let’s just say the Diocese decides the property is too valuable and they want to sell? Is the Diocese willing to reimburse the Donor(s) and some percentage of appreciation? I think not. There is no way people will invest with no guarantee it stays in place.

I have zero clue on any of the small (or huge in certain cases) details. Just passing on what I was told.

Forget the adding of any facilities to NewCath from a private donor. Could NewCath buy themselves out of diocesan ownership? To me it seems like it’d take a lot of money but againI have zero clue on any it. What steps would have to be taken and what’s the rough estimate of cost if this could even happen?

Said one idea being tossed around was leveling out the current student Parking lot and having the one end zone face north looking at Downtown Cincy. Logistics on parking etc were not known. My source also said if this donator was turned away yet once again he would take his money and give it away elsewhere and not to ever ask again. Again my source knows the potential donator on a personal level.

Something like this? (Not 100% to scale but close enough. Don't know where property lines are.)

ncc.jpg

I guess it could work. Stands into/on the hill between it and gym?

Turn practice field into parking lot?

Maybe run it more east/west and sell seats and sections of field for fireworks...

Although the neighbors might not like the football field in their side yards.

ncc 2.jpg

Could NewCath buy themselves out of diocesan ownership? To me it seems like it’d take a lot of money but againI have zero clue on any it. What steps would have to be taken and what’s the rough estimate of cost if this could even happen?

I'd say that would be INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE.

I have zero clue on any of the small (or huge in certain cases) details. Just passing on what I was told.

Forget the adding of any facilities to NewCath from a private donor. Could NewCath buy themselves out of diocesan ownership? To me it seems like it’d take a lot of money but againI have zero clue on any it. What steps would have to be taken and what’s the rough estimate of cost if this could even happen?

That would all have to be preceded by the diocese being interested in selling off New Cath...I just don't see that happening.

Isn’t that a pretty steep hill?

Yes. The cost of all the earthwork and stabilization for a football stadium ON CAMPUS at New Cath is insanely cost-prohibitive, as far as I'm concerned. You're talking a million dollars plus in earthwork before you even start touching the cost of the actual stadium construction. That's madness - especially when you consider the fact that you'll have high school and a stadium and virtually nowhere to park for either of them.

What about adding on a football stadium down at the Morscher Sports Complex?

If the lead donor is who many claim he has more than enough equipment for the job and millions is no problem if he wants to make it happen. Sorry it will take more work than was needed at CovCath but would it have been worth it for your Colonels? So why not the young men and women of NewCath.