Everything posted by AllenR
-
New Highlands Girls Coach for 2018 Season
Not directly or by name.
-
New Highlands Girls Coach for 2018 Season
I had not heard there was a movement to try to get him back. I hope it is successful. I don't know if it was just one, but there is definitely one that has had it out for Brian since year one. He's been pretty vocal on here about it. Appears he has a different philosophy between who should be on the football field and who should be on the futbol field. Always droning on about the other BW not playing the best players, playing seniors over underclassmen. But on the soccer team, the seniors should be playing. With the changes in leadership at the school and district, I'd guess they saw an opportunity.
-
Highlands 53 Campbell County 52
KNEW THAT WAS COMING....
-
Should Highlands request to play up in 5A for the 2019-2022 Football Seasons?
For me, the sole deciding factor between 4a & 5a would be the district. Looking for a balance considering travel and competition. Shorter travel and strong competition. After that, it doesn't really matter which class. Their non-district schedule will still be scheduled against the teams that challenge them and prepare for the post season. The road to state in either class won't be a cake walk. If the above is about the same in 4a and 5a, then let ego take the 5a route.
-
Why does Newport Catholic not have their own football field yet?
If it were the school or diocese paying for it, there would be an argument for fiscal responsibility. Is NewCath supposed to say "no thank you" because some 3rd party doesn't like how the donor spends his money? That's just silly...
-
Why does Newport Catholic not have their own football field yet?
Guess it really depends on how much dirt "he" wants to move. With enough time and money, anything is possible.
-
Why does Newport Catholic not have their own football field yet?
I'd say that would be INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE.
-
Why does Newport Catholic not have their own football field yet?
Something like this? (Not 100% to scale but close enough. Don't know where property lines are.) I guess it could work. Stands into/on the hill between it and gym? Turn practice field into parking lot? Maybe run it more east/west and sell seats and sections of field for fireworks... Although the neighbors might not like the football field in their side yards.
-
US Army All American Combine
Hollingsworth may have something to say about that. Although maybe being recruited by West Point for baseball, maybe he'll be happy taking one for the team and give up QB?
-
Ray Gabbard has passed away
I didn't recognize the name and with all of the comments about him was thinking that I had to know him. Now I am sad...
-
Dan Wagner "FIRED" by Newport Central Catholic
He's probably kicking himself now for not handing you the stats book
-
Bluebird Rising: Finding starters on O-line
Doubt cheerleading is going to hurt high school football teams any time soon. Well, ever really...
-
Bluebird Rising: Finding starters on O-line
I don't know the football skills of the kids on the soccer team(s) at HHS. But, generally speaking, what skills would a soccer player bring over? Kicking?- Don't know how many, but I would guess that several schools use soccer players for kicking. NewCath had two of them handling the kicking duties this past season. Maybe Coach Niedert has someone that can nail a 45 yd FG? Speed? - I don't think that this was/is a particular weakness for the Birds. What else? Now if wrestling were at the same time and a Birds wrestling team had a few kids in the 285lb class, you'd be on to something!
-
Boone County 75 Beechwood 27
:laugh: :isurrender::isurrender::isurrender::isurrender:
-
Going For 2 To Start A Running Clock - State Championship Edition
Apparently A LOT
-
NKY Coaches Basketball Poll Week 1
Which DLG did the ciphering for you?
-
Thoughts About Kroger Field for State Championship
Yah, Daughter has car in K lot. Has to move it for UK football games. This weekend wasn't on the list of weekends they had to move. Says she got an email that week telling her she needed to move it. It was a bit of a mess for a bunch of the UK students. Normally they can find spots at the other end of campus, book store, etc... Volleyball game(s?) at Memorial took up most of the regular spots they use.
-
Highlands 55 St. Henry 39
This was also Coach Richey's 300th win. Congrats Coach!
-
Holmes at Highlands Predictions
5, 6, & 7:30
-
How much money did Highlands cost CovCath by losing last Friday night?
:laugh::laugh: Great... Now the conspiracy theorists will think it was part of the game plan... :lol:
-
Highlands 34 Oldham County 7
Higher res pic than be posted here shows that what you see is the back of the band and isn't holding the ball.
-
Highlands 34 Oldham County 7
- Highlands 34 Oldham County 7
The ball hitting the ground- St. Henry 1 Highlands 0
I'd say anything is possible and there is 0% change you're going to find out what actually happened on here.- St. Henry 1 Highlands 0
Then I'll restate to say that it didn't happen IN the game I was at. Didn't pay much attention once it ended. - Highlands 34 Oldham County 7