Does St. X win If they have Rondale Moore?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that?

There were things they could have done differently with the personnel they had today that could have caused more problems for Trinity. More routes from their receivers, different formations, motions etc. They just haven't shown me any ability to adapt their offense to their personnel.

You should watch Cov Cath play a football game in person,

I have watched CCH in person several times and have seen Trinity. I would make T a 2 -3 touchdown favorite. Their front 7 on defense is so talented and Rondale Moore is just so hard to stop (just ask Moeller I believe he had around 300 yards receiving). CCH has a very good team but I believe X and Scott County would be very tough games for them to win. Also hard to judge a great 5A in Kentucky because overall the 5A division is very weak this year. Also, I believe X would beat Trinity if they had Rondale.

Edited by Northside

Is the rumor true of another transfer next year? Hearing kid from Frankfort area. If so, and this becomes common theme. I'm not sure anybody beats Trinity anymore from Kentucky. Coaching and players too good. X not indicting they will change to compete.

Hard to even consider it a rivalry.

Wandale Robinson??

You pose an interesting question. If Saint Xavier had Rondale Moore would they have won today. It is for sure it would have been much closer, but i think Trinity still wins by 3 points. Rondale could not have run on Trinity’s defense like he did against Saint Xavier’s. The Saint X quarterback would not have delivered the ball as effectively as the Trinity quarterback.

I disagree on QB comment. Thought St. X QB was best passer on the field Sunday.

I disagree on QB comment. Thought St. X QB was best passer on the field Sunday.

Bohn 19-26 (73%) 286 3 tds 2 ints

Albers 9-22 (41%) 196 2 tds 1 ints

St X looked to get many yards on "jump ball" throws to taller receivers(crum 6'6", Mueller 6'5").

Bohn set NATIONAL record for passing completion percentage

Bohn 19-26 (73%) 286 3 tds 2 ints

Albers 9-22 (41%) 196 2 tds 1 ints

St X looked to get many yards on "jump ball" throws to taller receivers(crum 6'6", Mueller 6'5").

Bohn set NATIONAL record for passing completion percentage

Do not disagree, Bohn is a very good HS QB. But it is pretty well accepted that Bohn's stats, as impressive as they are, come predominantly in the 10 and under range. Both of his interceptions were underthrown balls to open receivers. Arm strength just appears a little less than D1 caliber. May be wrong, but thought Alber's arm strength was pretty impressive and his foot speed and elusiveness speaks for itself.

I'm pretty sure he was a 3rd string running back.

look at the PRP game in the playoffs rushing numbers: he ran 36-195 with 2 TDs

X won 16-7

did he make a difference in that game? X had 57 plays,.. he ran the ball on 36 of them. Point being transfer players make a difference in both programs.

Do not disagree, Bohn is a very good HS QB. But it is pretty well accepted that Bohn's stats, as impressive as they are, come predominantly in the 10 and under range. Both of his interceptions were underthrown balls to open receivers. Arm strength just appears a little less than D1 caliber. May be wrong, but thought Alber's arm strength was pretty impressive and his foot speed and elusiveness speaks for itself.

Albers was quick and gritty as a runner and perhaps has a stronger arm. Your original comment was that Albers was the "better passer". Stronger arm perhaps, not as accurate or efficient.