Does St. X win If they have Rondale Moore?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X's top basketball player is from New Albany?! I swear I had no idea on that one.

How is that not coming up in the discussion?

Final thought on the thread is that X would obviously be better with Moore, but the question is whether or not T's staff would do better shutting him down than X's staff did. Also, would X's scheme fully utilize Moore. It is not as simple as just giving him the ball and sitting back and watching.

I listened to most of the first half, and was able to watch the 2nd half and I don't watch very much T football so what I'm going to say is based off a small sample size of watching Moore:

When he comes in motion and if it's not a jet sweep, they're going to throw the ball to him in the flats or he's going to to do an angle route. If he's lined up at QB he ran it to the strong side. For example, it was quads with Moore at QB, he took the snap and ran outside zone towards the quads. While I'm sure he's used in a variety of ways it's not rocket science on how to use a kid that's faster than everyone else.

I listened to most of the first half, and was able to watch the 2nd half and I don't watch very much T football so what I'm going to say is based off a small sample size of watching Moore:

When he comes in motion and if it's not a jet sweep, they're going to throw the ball to him in the flats or he's going to to do an angle route. If he's lined up at QB he ran it to the strong side. For example, it was quads with Moore at QB, he took the snap and ran outside zone towards the quads. While I'm sure he's used in a variety of ways it's not rocket science on how to use a kid that's faster than everyone else.

It may not be rocket science but there was enough science to notice that on the jet sweeps everyone was cheating outside. That lead to the cut inside and a 93 yard touchdown. You are right. If he hadn't been the fastest guy on the field someone would have caught him after 30 or 40 yards. The coaches noticed what would get him in the open to use the speed. The coaches had a play ready that would exploit the cheating outside. The coaches had the team practice the play. And the coaches were the ones that used effective clock management to deliver an extra touchdown before the half. You can make excuses that it is just better players that make the difference, but better coaches make better players and better coaches attract better players.

It may not be rocket science but there was enough science to notice that on the jet sweeps everyone was cheating outside. That lead to the cut inside and a 93 yard touchdown. You are right. If he hadn't been the fastest guy on the field someone would have caught him after 30 or 40 yards. The coaches noticed what would get him in the open to use the speed. The coaches had a play ready that would exploit the cheating outside. The coaches had the team practice the play. And the coaches were the ones that used effective clock management to deliver an extra touchdown before the half. You can make excuses that it is just better players that make the difference, but better coaches make better players and better coaches attract better players.

Yeah, I see what you mean. T coaches just coach with such knowledge and effort unknown to other coaching staffs.