Does St. X win If they have Rondale Moore?

Do not disagree, Bohn is a very good HS QB. But it is pretty well accepted that Bohn's stats, as impressive as they are, come predominantly in the 10 and under range. Both of his interceptions were underthrown balls to open receivers. Arm strength just appears a little less than D1 caliber. May be wrong, but thought Alber's arm strength was pretty impressive and his foot speed and elusiveness speaks for itself.

Maybe X should have thrown more of the

I think Bohn was a better all-around QB than Albers, although both are very nice high school QB's. Both are very mobile. Both have average arms. Bohn appeared to scramble to throw while Albers appeared to scramble to run. Albers throws a better deep ball. Bohn is more accurate on the short and touch passes. However, it is hard to compare them because they were asked to different things in their respective offensive systems. They are both winners as far as being tough competitors. I think most high schools were be happy to have either one.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look at the PRP game in the playoffs rushing numbers: he ran 36-195 with 2 TDs

X won 16-7

did he make a difference in that game? X had 57 plays,.. he ran the ball on 36 of them. Point being transfer players make a difference in both programs.

All transfers aren't equal. Yes he had a great game against PRP, because he was the 3rd options. He had a good game, but it's pretty hard to compare 4* transfers and a 3rd string transfer from Manual. :rolleyes:

All transfers aren't equal. Yes he had a great game against PRP, because he was the 3rd options. He had a good game, but it's pretty hard to compare 4* transfers and a 3rd string transfer from Manual. :rolleyes:

So X wouldn't welcome a 4* transfer?

Excuse me if I find that a bit hard to swallow.

We can complain all we want about Trinity taking transfers/recruiting kids, but the fact is we can't control anything Trinity does. All we can control is what we do. It's time for the St X President, AD, coaches, and players to take a hard look at where we are as a program. We are a very solid program. Trinity is on a different level than any other team in the state. Do we want to be there? Are we doing all we can do to compete? Do we have the right schemes on offense and defense? Are we in the best shape? These are just a few questions that need to be asked.

We can complain all we want about Trinity taking transfers/recruiting kids, but the fact is we can't control anything Trinity does. All we can control is what we do. It's time for the St X President, AD, coaches, and players to take a hard look at where we are as a program. We are a very solid program. Trinity is on a different level than any other team in the state. Do we want to be there? Are we doing all we can do to compete? Do we have the right schemes on offense and defense? Are we in the best shape? These are just a few questions that need to be asked.

Very true. Many excuses have been made. However, both schools have the same opportunities. Any limitations that have been put in place are simply self-imposed. St. X can either find ways to get better or accept what has been the case the last few years with games that are not competitive. Before they can even talk about winning and losing the games, they have to make the games competitive. Regardless of the final score in the finals, the game was not competitive. 35-14 at halftime is not competitive.

Edited by bruin66

Very true. Many excuses have been made. However, both schools have the same opportunities. Any limitations that have been put in place are simply self-imposed. St. X can either find ways to get better or accept what has been the case the last few years with games that are not competitive. Before they can even talk about winning and losing the games, they have to make the games competitive. Regardless of the final score in the finals, the game was not competitive. 35-14 at halftime is not competitive.
So, are you saying the game was not competitive? This game was even more competitive than the 24-14 game last year- just the final was wider spread. If you didn't watch the game, just say so.

So, are you saying the game was not competitive? This game was even more competitive than the 24-14 game last year- just the final was wider spread. If you didn't watch the game, just say so.

I saw both games. Credit goes to the Tigers for not laying down after half, but a 35-14 halftime score does not signify a competitive game to me. And it could have been worse had Trinity not started out so slowly on its first two drives of the game.

Kudos to the Tiger players for their efforts. I thought they really battled. To me, though, it was not a competitive game (on the scoreboard) after the first quarter.

A while back one of the X faithful implied that there was a difference between, as I recall him stating, a 3rd stringer from Manual transferring to X and an impact player transferring to Trinity and I was just curious if there had ever been any transfers to X that ended up starting there that had started their HS career at Trinity. I seem to recall another poster implying that it was sketchy when kids transferred after starting high school.