Danville 35 Mayfield 21 - 2A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hatz I already said Danville deserved to win and congrats. But my post was to DMC saying a missed call not being an issue. At that point in the game it was an issue. So you can coulda, woulda, shoulda, elsewhere. Mayfield didn't play their A game and lost.

I just love it when fans say we didn’t play our A game. Maybe the other team had something to do with that? It is rather backhanded to say that. If your team played like the Ads yesterday you would be upset for someone to offer excuses. The best team won. Best team all year.

I think that view is pretty convincing.

Wireman, I for one have given the Ads the credit they deserve, they were the better team and regardless of this play, they probably would still have won. But i have to disagree that this clip proves it was a TD, man I don't think it is but it really doesn't matter, good call or bad, Danville got the call and the win. Congrats and enjoy your victory, we know how good it feels, and you know how bad it feels to lose the championship. I truly hope we are lucky enough to get another shot at the Ads, we lost, but to me, LOSERS are people that can't win or lose with class, all schools have both and I for one don't want to be either of those kind of fans, and I don't think you are that kind either.

Edited by rookie57
spelling

Wireman, I for one have given the Ads the credit they deserve, they were the better team and regardless of this play, they probably would st.ill have won. But i have to disagree that this clip proves it was a TD, man i don'n't t think it is but it really doesn't matter, good call or bad, Danville got the call and the win. Congrats and enjoy your victory, we know how good it feels, and you know how bad it feels to lose the championship. I truly hope we are lucky enough to get another shot at the Ads, we lost, but to me, LOSERS are people that can't win or lose with class, all schools have both and I for one don't want to be either of those kind of fans, and I don't think you are that kind either.

Hey, I don't want you to think I was being disrespectful at all. I know we are all attached to our team. I just meant that by the specific rule and how it is written, it was technically a touchdown catch. I understand that it's controversial and highly debatable. I would be upset if it went the other way. No disrespect. Mayfield was a very scary team, especially early in the game. Not sure the result holds if Thornton can't come back in. Danville fans were very scared at that point.

Hatz I already said Danville deserved to win and congrats. But my post was to DMC saying a missed call not being an issue. At that point in the game it was an issue. So you can coulda, woulda, shoulda, elsewhere. Mayfield didn't play their A game and lost.

I hear what you're saying. I tend to agree that a play like that can have lasting repercussions sometimes. But, I just don't feel like it did here. Mayfield didn't really do anything with the ball the entire 3rd quarter, and I don't think the controversial call at the end of the 1st half had anything to do with that. Thinking that way can send you tumbling down a rabbit hole that seemingly has no bottom. Which is why I think it's best to just move on.

What he said!!!!