Danville 35 Mayfield 21 - 2A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you understand us! :lol::lol2:

Well at least now i'm educated, glad we could come to an understanding. I think I'm going to switch my allegiance to Danville cause I could get use to that type of thinking and since Mayfield will never beat Danville again, yea, that could be fun. Color me in a Admiral fan! I feel better already!:dancingpa

It like they trying to convince themselves they are better. The scoreboard is the only aspect of the game you need to win and you did. If you still feel the need to win every aspect of the game then my friend you in for lots of heart ache in the future because many times there are games where a team wins every aspect except the score and that is a lousy feeling. Accept your win and be humble as the score is all you need to have bragging rights for a year!!!

Congrats to Danville!! You had an outstanding team and very deserving of the WIN !! Mayfield can still hold their head high on an Outstanding season. It's not what we wanted the outcome to be however still very proud of these seniors and their contributions over the last 4 years. Thank you !!!

I think we just aren't willing to give in to a false narrative. It's nothing against Mayfield. They had a great season and their fans are obviously very passionate. I love that. Congratulations on a great run!

Sometimes comments don't come across as meant on a message board. I mean't for mine to be funny and not at all sarcastic. I don't think any of my opinions were of false narrative tho. I try to be objective, I enjoy bantering back and forth as long as it stays civil, I hope I can stay that way when and if Mayfield ever wins another championship as some people make it very hard for fans of teams that get beat to stay that way. For the most part, I have enjoyed the bantering with you and Hatz, enjoy your year of celebration, you earned it. 15-0 that quite an accomplishment not matched very often. Think I'll hang my hat up till next year on this thread. :thumb:

I wasn’t trying to take away from Danville’s victory. I said from the start they deserved to win and congrats. Just disappointed that Mayfield made several uncalled for mistakes that they generally don’t make 15 games into the season... And once again I realize that Danville caused some mistakes as well. Interceptions, etc.... I’m totally satisfied with the season. More than most expected from having to replace all time rushing leader and passing leader in the same season. I’ll tske participating for a state championship every rebuilding year!!!

I'm telling you guys, stop arguing with these guys. They're team is superior in all 2A football. Mayfield had no chance! We have a load of talent coming back to be excited for. So let's move on fellas! Let thrm enjoy their championship! Congrats Ad Fans

Every game has a story to tell, and there will always be more than one version of that story when the game involves two great teams and a decisive outcome. The winning side can analyze all of the things their team did right to come away victorious. The losing side picks apart all of the things their team did wrong, and wonders what might have been.

At the end of the day, the outcome is what it is. There's no do over. You just hope that the winner wins with class and doesn't rub it in, and the loser tips their cap and takes their medicine. Win with class, lose with more. That's what I always like to see happen, anyway.

Danville and Mayfield are two first rate programs with passionate fans. You all have something that most communities strive for. Congrats to Danville on title #11. Congrats to Mayfield on another great season. They'll be back, no doubt. That freight train isn't slowing down anytime soon. It'll keep rolling.

I was at the game Saturday, and while it didn't turn out like I had hoped, I had fun nonetheless. Congrats to Danville on a great year. You guys have a fine team and proved that you are the cream of the crop this year.

As far as the game goes, Danville seamed more comfortable for most of the game. It appears their game plan was as mentioned earlier. Stop MF from running the ball and make them throw it. I thought MF played it right, keeping in their passing QB, but they just couldn't make enough plays. I think #14 will be a really good QB before its all said and done, but he is still young, tends to make mental errors, and hangs on to the ball too long. I think most MF fans were disappointed because they felt MF didn't play to their potential. But playing a good/great team will expose your weaknesses, and as I said all year, MF didn't run the ball well enough, or tackle well enough, to win it all. And they didn't do either of those very well on Saturday.

As far as the tougher side of the bracket?? Some of you need to be realistic and open your eyes. I thought the other reason MF played poorly (other than Danville being a great team), is that they had a slobberknocker game the week before with CAL, and Danville had a cake walk with Glasgow. I thought the CAL game took a toll on MF physically and emotionally. Year in and year out, MF/CAL/Desales will most likely be three of the top four teams, and Danville has ?LCA? to compete with. Thats it. So you can try, but I don't think there is even a debate about this. And for the record, saying the west is tougher SHOULD NOT IN ANY WAY make Danville feel slighted. I didn't get to watch Desales or LCA this year, but after watching MF and CAL, neither of those teams was on Danville level.

Also, I didn't think the play before halftime was a TD. And my glasses might be red, but I just can't see it. MF player goes to the ground with the ball and comes up with the ball. Frankly, I think MF players deserve better. I'm still baffled as to why the refs were in a hurry to make a call. Heck, take a whole minute to huddle up and talk about the play to make sure the right call is made. I thought it was handles poorly, whatever the call was. Do I think it would have changed the outcome? I doubt it. Danville played an excellent ballgame. MF kids will learn from this. We can't control everything, and sometimes things don't shake out the way we want. Its about the experience, competing, being proud of yourself, and using situations like this to move forward and be better from it. It was a great season for MF and everyone in the community is extremely proud of those kids. They only graduate a handful of kids so its exciting to think about what they are capable of come next season. Again, congrats to Dville. Dang you guys were good!

Here's the only view needed for the Jaleel Warren touchdown. Great work by the Herald-Leader to get this footage:

Controversial call in Kentucky high school football finals | Lexington Herald Leader

I did a little google searching and it is clear that the refs got this right. This is a TD. Here are a couple links to read:

From the rules book: Simultaneous catches | USA TODAY High School Sports

Simultaneous Possession? - The Official Forum

Watch the clip in the first post. Very, very similar to the Danville TD catch.

Bottom line, the Danville WR has both hands on the ball and comes down in bounds as does the Mayfield DB. No one lands out of bounds. Any way you slice it, this is a TD. If you don't believe the Danville WR has both hands on the ball when he lands in the end zone, pause the video at the 4 second mark. Once the Danville WR has the ball in his possession and lands in the end zone, it is a TD.