Danville 35 Mayfield 21 - 2A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hatz Dude! Look back at my posts I said Danville caused some of the mistakes. But 5 false starts and a few snaps when QB wasn't ready in the first half had nothing to do with Danville. Just not mistakes a Mayfield team makes when they bring their A game. You can take it as backhanded or front handed. I also said Danville was the better team yesterday and deserved to win so get over it.

Hatz Dude! Look back at my posts I said Danville caused some of the mistakes. But 5 false starts and a few snaps when QB wasn't ready in the first half had nothing to do with Danville. Just not mistakes a Mayfield team makes when they bring their A game. You can take it as backhanded or front handed. I also said Danville was the better team yesterday and deserved to win so get over it.

Just a random question...what purpose does it serve to have the Mayfield QB squat really low when he's taking snaps? Is that intentional or just what that QB does? Seems dangerous to me.

DMC I thought Mayfield moved the ball pretty good third qtr. opening drive was a good drive but stalled. They actually moved it better than Danville. The only score Danville got was a punt return and off the short field due to onsides kick late in the game.

I stopped arguing with them. They won't have nothing to argue about next year. They lost too much experienced players. Let em enjoy this one my guy! We'll be back next year. Ton of kids coming back and alot to be excited about for the next couple of years.

DMC I thought Mayfield moved the ball pretty good third qtr. opening drive was a good drive but stalled. They actually moved it better than Danville. The only score Danville got was a punt return and off the short field due to onsides kick late in the game.

Total yardage was 360 to 353 and that includes the hail mary that Mayfield completed at the end of the game.

As for the punt return, I was stunned that Mayfield actually punted the ball to VanCleave. I don't think any other team this season punted one in the air to him like that.

I stopped arguing with them. They won't have nothing to argue about next year. They lost too much experienced players. Let em enjoy this one my guy! We'll be back next year. Ton of kids coming back and alot to be excited about for the next couple of years.
Yea, it has been a while for them. Let them enjoy it.

Look Danville won and nothing can be done about just try to do better next year. Danville had nothing to do with at least 6 false starts. Now as for the TD and your pic. Looks funny to me the only time he had possession was in the air which your pic is of and the feet were croped out. By the time he was on ground they were both fighting for the ball meaning noone had control of the ball and they go out of bounds. Give both kids credit for doing their jobs best they could. My take on it is incomplete since really no one had control till both were way out of the end zone. In the field of play between goalies that would have been interception but it is what it is and cannot be changed now. Congrats Danville on your 2017 championship. Think that's 11 for you so you still got to get 1 more to catch the Cardinals if you can. Should be some great years ahead for both teams looking forward to it as I know Danville is too.

Edited by B2B8586
Incorrectness

64 yards in the 3rd Quarter.

Danville had 71 yards in the same period.

Cardinals had 191 yards of offense in the fourth quarter after the game was out of reach. About 60% of their production.

:rolleyes:

Danville's Nose guard whipped Mayfield all day long...Danville absolutely had something to do with the center not having a good day!

Danville's Nose guard whipped Mayfield all day long...Danville absolutely had something to do with the center not having a good day!

Although I don't like to use the word whipped, I do believe there is some merit to this comment. The nose guard was so quick the center could not get to him, whatever the term, I agree it had something to do with it.