Danville 35 Mayfield 21 - 2A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not saying he can’t. I just hope someone does because I hate to see it be wasted.

That is special fast. It was like watching Antonio Andrews run at Ft Campbell. You think, “I am not a college recruiter, and this is small school football in Kentucky, but...this kid looks different.

Here's the play that everyone was talking about. Personally, I thought Warren had both hands on the ball and both feet came down in the end zone. A 50/50 ball goes to the offense.

I don't think your video shows he came down clearly, the picture in a previous doesn't either. I've seen nothing so far that convinces me that it was'nt a bad call. Doesn't matter, Danville got the call and the win, congrats.

Wish DeSales and Danville could've had a battle of the undefeateds. Would have been a great game.

Not sure how you would think it would have been great game, Danville beat the team that beat CAL, that beat Desales, but your entitled to your opinion.

Personally, I think both teams were pretty evenly matched. Mayfield had 4 turnovers to 1 for Danville and that was a big factor. Plus, I think Danville won the special teams battle.. While Van Cleave is getting all the press and he deserves it with the big plays he made, I thought the Ads QB and the other RB were just as big a key to there win as anything else. There QB got out of several sure sacks with his elusiveness and ended up turning them into positive plays and Harris #23, was hard to bring down. That kid ran low to the ground and was stronger than he looked. MVC had 2 or 3 huge plays in the game, but, those 2 had 4-5 key plays, as well, that may not have been flashy or as big a plays, but, just as key as Van Cleaves were. I don't think Danville's DL is getting enough credit either. Mayfield was able to move the ball between the 20s pretty well, but, when they got into the red zone, it was tough sledding and that DL made it tough to run it all day long, forcing the Cards to have to move the chains thru the air. While Danville ran the ball effectively, the Mayfield D did a pretty good job for the most part, getting several negative plays and didn't make it easy, but, to the Ads credit, they did what they had to do in key situations to keep the chains moving..

I’m not a Danville or Mayfield fan,but agree with the above statement. Danville’s QB was my MVP. If he would have stayed out when he went down early,I feel Danville would have lost that game,Danville fell apart on offense the one series he was out. He created and extended several plays on 3rd down with his legs. He also played well on defense.

I’m not a Danville or Mayfield fan,but agree with the above statement. Danville’s QB was my MVP. If he would have stayed out when he went down early,I feel Danville would have lost that game,Danville fell apart on offense the one series he was out. He created and extended several plays on 3rd down with his legs. He also played well on defense.

I completely agree. Alot of those plays Danville line broke down and he had to create something out of nothing. It is what it is. Mayfield has both qbs coming back running back and 3 or 4 WR so we'll be back. Dont know bout the ads but we will.

Danville was the better team and had more weapons in my opinion. It was their year. It's hard to beat a team that has playmakers on both sides of the ball as well as unsung heroes who do their jobs but don't get any press.

Danville has two kids named Ethan Downey and Chase Tandy who folks outside of Danville probably don't know a lot about. They aren't the only ones but just using them as an example. I could isolate on Downey and watch him play all day long. He fights every play, makes huge tackles and strings plays out to set someone else up for the takedown. Tandy gets tackles and consistently puts heat on the edges when rushing the QB. Not sure I've seen their names on here all season, but I would take either of those kids on my team anytime.

Danville has several kids like that. They are often unsung heroes but they are really good football players.

I completely agree. Alot of those plays Danville line broke down and he had to create something out of nothing. It is what it is. Mayfield has both qbs coming back running back and 3 or 4 WR so we'll be back. Dont know bout the ads but we will.

Don't worry I think Danville will be pretty good next year. Right now I think will will celebrate this championship and this team. We will start concentrating on next year in January.