Danville 35 Mayfield 21 - 2A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for the Ads. First win in a title game since 2003 and the first since the six class system was introduced. Also helps to get over some of the bad memories of the 2006 collapse versus NCC, which was still in the back of my mind as the clock ticked down in the fourth quarter.

Congrats to Danville. They played a good ball game and we didn’t. Our line got their tails kicked on both sides of the ball. That was key. VanCleave has the speed as advertised. Very fast. That reverse and punt return he both scored on hurt us. Redbirds missed lots and lots of tackles and that is something I’m not use to seeing. But good players like VanCleave make that happen.

Very proud of my Cardinals. Lots of questions going into this season. But they answered them and made it to the big dance but fell a little short. We have made it to the final 8 of the last 9 years. We shall return!

Congrats to the ads. They played stellar on both sides. Lots of mistakes for the young cardinals. Keep in mind ALOT of those kids are back next year. Don't know how many the ads are returning but I expect our kids to be back there next December. Once Congrats ads on a perfect season!

Congrats to Danville, the best team won. I think as a team the cardinals were just as fast as Danville outside of vancleve, that kid is amazing! I think the call before half was one of the worst calls I have ever seen, and was huge. Big momentum swing. Danville QB hurt us just as bad as vancleve, we could not contain him. Proud to be a Cardinal, nothing to be ashamed of. 53 for Danville was a beast, and so was 23, very solid team.