Everything posted by 55RedDog
-
Class of 2026 Dawahares/KHSAA Hall of Fame
I think Joe Morris record is 300-56. Believe he got to 300 wins with that last championship.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2025
The atmosphere there in 22 and 23 was unreal for high school football.
-
TP94 Power Ratings 9-11-25
Can we please use this instead of RPI?
-
2025 Murray Tigers
I expect Murray to make some noise in 3A this year.
-
Officiating shortage solution thesis
Not sure if it’s already been said on here, but if equipment is for protection, it should be for protection at all levels and not just high school. If it isn’t needed for protection in college and pros where athletes are much bigger, faster, and stronger, it isn’t needed in high school. Kids watching football on Saturdays and Sundays just imitate what their favorite players are wearing.
-
If you could change one thing about Kentucky High School Football what would it be?
Get rid of NIL for high school athletes. Do away with RPI (or at least the way it is calculated).
-
State Finals Attendance
Does anyone know the reason that they play the games in the order that they do? Why not 1-6?
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
I would think they “need the gate”. Football used to keep a lot of the other sports above water. The equipment for football isn’t cheap either.
-
2024 KFCA Mr. Football Finalists
I see what you are saying but are there arguments against the winners since the KFCA took it over? I think I would rather have coaches choosing it vs the AP.
-
Pikeville at Sayre Predictions/Updates
-
Madisonville-North Hopkins 41 Murray 3
Wasn’t expecting it this lopsided.
-
Beechwood at Bracken County Predictions/Updates
It’s the only place to watch the game. Not enough bleachers
-
TP94 Power Ratings (10-16-24)
By the end of the regular season, this is the best ranking for this state in my opinion and I don’t think there would be any complaints in using it for playoff seeding with the current playoff format we have now. Get rid of RPI
-
Calpreps shut down - Calpreps is operating again
I like TP94 ratings as well or better than Calpreps myself. Either would be better than RPI.
-
Owensboro at Owensboro Catholic Predictions/Updates
OC by 21
-
Graves County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
49-14 PT
-
BluegrassPreps.com 2024 Class 2A Pre-Season Rankings
Beechwood OCath Mayfield LCA (haven’t heard much hype about them this pre season but unless they got another equivalent to Hensley, I don’t see them being in the top 3)
-
Which State Champion is least likely to repeat?
I would say Mayfield. OC and Beechwood have to be the favorites for 2A.
-
June workouts/practices
I was wondering the same, but evidently so
-
2024 Mayfield Cardinals
9/20 would be the date they want. The other 10/11 is during fall break so I don’t think they would schedule that week.
-
2024 Owensboro Red Devils
Let me guess…if they go to Lexington, they would attend LCA?
-
Open Job: Mayfield
This is a pretty incredible history lesson
-
Open Job: Corbin
Or maybe he is retiring from teaching and could be hired back after the required time off for a different position…and coach.
-
2024 Owensboro Catholic Aces
Atwell is a great QB, but Carrico also was a stud receiver that made a huge impact last year. I am interested to see if they can replace him or not.
-
2024 Paducah Tilghman Blue Tornado
You don’t have to worry about them leaving starters in in the 3rd quarter no matter who they are playing and what the score is.