Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which State Champion is least likely to repeat?

What State Champion is least likely to repeat? 96 members have voted

  1. 1. What State Champion is least likely to repeat?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

With the season approaching, I think all six teams from their respective classes have a legit shot at repeating this season. 

My question is pretty straight forward though, which champion do you think is most prone to being bounced this year?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I am a little conflicted there. Who is going to beat them?  On paper they look like number one with maybe Cooper a close second.  

  • Cousin Chris
    Cousin Chris

    Most likely to repeat is Pikeville and Boyle.  I will be absolutely shocked if both those teams don’t repeat.  Most likely to not repeat is Mayfield.  They are still going to be very good but they los

  • I will say Mayfield just because of how good LCA and Beechwood are.

Posted Images

Most likely to repeat is Pikeville and Boyle.  I will be absolutely shocked if both those teams don’t repeat.  Most likely to not repeat is Mayfield.  They are still going to be very good but they lost a lot and there are several other 2A teams who have a lot coming back.

Just in case anyone needed a quick review, see above. 

10 minutes ago, BillNye said:

With the season approaching, I think all six teams from their respective classes have a legit shot at repeating this season. 

My question is pretty straight forward though, which champion do you think is most prone to being bounced this year?

Really tough question, I will have to give it some thought. 

I will say Mayfield just because of how good LCA and Beechwood are.

2 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I will say Mayfield just because of how good LCA and Beechwood are.

Do you think LCA will be better than Owensboro Catholic this year?

I think LCA takes a small step backwards this year.  

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

Do you think LCA will be better than Owensboro Catholic this year?

I would be surprised if LCA wasn’t as good as anyone in the end. Not that I have any knowledge of the program nor the OC program just a hunch.

Trinity or Mayfield. 

1 hour ago, Tkinslow said:

I would be surprised if LCA wasn’t as good as anyone in the end. Not that I have any knowledge of the program nor the OC program just a hunch.

I think their line play will be exceptional.  I just don't see them finding two players like Cutter Boley and Brady Hensley this year.  Hensley was a dude!

Guess I need to read a little better before I vote. I thought it said who's likely to repeat. Oh well. I believe Mayfield will have a good shot at repeating this year. Heard some good things so far. We will get a better picture at next Friday nights scrimmage. 

I would say Mayfield. OC and Beechwood have to be the favorites for 2A. 

4 really good teams in 2A this season.  Beechwood, OC, Mayfield and LCA.  Any of the 4 could win the 2A state championship this season.  Based on what they have returning I would go Beechwood, OC, Mayfield and LCA but they are all going to be really good.

Mayfield, however, history would tell you otherwise, they have repeated 5 times throughout their 13 State Championships. I don’t think they will be bad necessarily, but I do believe Owensboro Catholic has one of the best players in the state in SR QB Brady Atwell and to me they would hold that #1 spot in 2A entering the season. 
 

Feel like this is a good spot to express this opinion but my 2nd team would be Boyle County, big believer in what HC Sean Thompson has done with that Tilghman program and I think they have a damn good shot to get their 4th State Championship. Loaded in talent across the board, very good in the trenches, and most importantly a good Quarterback in SR Jack James who threw north of 4k yards and 56 TD’s last season for the Blue Tornado.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.