Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Graves County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Graves County at Paducah Tilghman 52 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/31/2024 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Is there a better game in West Kentucky this week to see than this one?

One season after Tilghman finally broke through and ended a long Mayfied winning streak, Graves did the same opening night this year. As I mentioned last season, this is a really underrated rivalry game between these two. 

Last season, they were 5-5 against each other in the last 10 with Tilghman prevailing in that one to move only one game ahead in the last 11. 

Graves, although in defeat last year, played really, really tough in the 2nd half of that game after getting down big early. The Eagles are always tough and this game will be no different. Of note, that game last season was started late due to the heat and with a flag fest mixed in the middle, it was nearly midnight by the time I pulled out of the parking lot. This one has potential to be pushed back possibly as well, hopefully Mother nature cooperates. 

Both teams hit big play after big play in their week 1 matchups and a lot of folks will be looking for fireworks in this one as well. I was at the Graves/Mayfield game and I was really impressed by the Eagles. Someone will leave this one 2-0 and be feeling pretty good about their start. There was one point in last years game where Tilghman didn't possess the ball in over 30 minutes of real time, that's the best way to neutralize them if possible, keep their offense off the field. That might not be a bad game plan against the Eagles as well as they strike quick and often. 

Talent all over the field with these two, if you don't have anything to do, Tornado and Eagles fans welcome you!

  • Replies 98
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TheBallCoach
    TheBallCoach

    I don’t believe Tilghman will lay off the gas in this one. 49-14, the Blue Tornado rolls.

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    I like your confidence and I have a fair amount myself, but we can't overlook this Graves team, they've got multiple dudes who are gonna be a problem. I expect to get their best shot and they are capa

This game is going to be tough. PT imo is the best team in our schedule this year. I expect we won’t have too many people pick us to win, but we are use to that and when we have talent, we historically give someone an L they weren’t expecting. We have some talent this year. Maybe we can surprise some folks.

25 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

This game is going to be tough. PT imo is the best team in our schedule this year. I expect we won’t have too many people pick us to win, but we are use to that and when we have talent, we historically give someone an L they weren’t expecting. We have some talent this year. Maybe we can surprise some folks.

You already did. 
And because if it I will consider this game further before picking. Still likely to go with Tilghman. It I think Graves is very good this year. 

Definitely going to be a good game to watch graves is tough and Tilghman is tough going to be a battle I’m going to roll with PT. 

I don’t believe Tilghman will lay off the gas in this one.

49-14, the Blue Tornado rolls.

GC beating Mayfield definitely made this game more interesting and I think GC can keep it close for a while but I believe in the end PT pulls away and wins by a couple touchdowns.

Running clock if we choose to.

  • Author
24 minutes ago, Category_F5 said:

Running clock if we choose to 

I like your confidence and I have a fair amount myself, but we can't overlook this Graves team, they've got multiple dudes who are gonna be a problem. I expect to get their best shot and they are capable. 

That being said, if anyone puts a running clock on Graves, I will be the first to say I'd be really surprised. I thought the Eagles were legit and that's before the win over Mayfield. I saw so much to like about them going into the season. 

If that happens, I'll be sure to come back and tip my hat to you for calling it. I honestly can't make my mind up on what to expext, I have so many scenarios running through my mind. 

Paducah might be too deep for Graves.  They proved they weren't in shape Friday against Mayfield.  If cramps and miscues (Snaps) happen again, they might get clocked.  If they stay hydrated, it could be a shootout. It will take a near perfect game for anyone to beat Paducah and those D1 prospects, they aren't a normal West Kentucky team.

On 8/25/2024 at 9:26 PM, wkyfootballfan said:

Paducah might be too deep for Graves.  They proved they weren't in shape Friday against Mayfield.  If cramps and miscues (Snaps) happen again, they might get clocked.  If they stay hydrated, it could be a shootout. It will take a near perfect game for anyone to beat Paducah and those D1 prospects, they aren't a normal West Kentucky team.

This heat has me worried. We were dropping like flies last week. I think our ones can give PT a game but if we are subbing our backups in like we were the second half against Mayfield, it might be trouble. 

I'm expecting a good scrap here with a little back and forth, but one side clearly superior. I think Graves can score some points, but in a more methodical fashion. If Mayfield, with a sophomore quarterback making his first career start, had success moving the ball through the air against the Eagles.... what do we expect a fifth year starter and FBS commit to do? And Tilghman is deeeep at wide receiver. Too many fresh legs to cover for Graves, I'm afraid.

I'm thinking something in the neighborhood of 49-28 PT.

PT 55  Graves 13

Graves played a great first game against a subpar Mayfield team.   Doesn’t mean they can match up with PT… no one can match up with PT this year, they will score whatever they want by how many they chose this year.  People will understand more when they see PT play in person. 

1 minute ago, EdgeRusher said:

PT 55  Graves 13

Graves played a great first game against a subpar Mayfield team.   Doesn’t mean they can match up with PT… no one can match up with PT this year, they will score whatever they want by how many they chose this year.  People will understand more when they see PT play in person. 

They look pretty formidable on film too. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.