Trinity 28 Champagnat Catholic (FL) 7

theguru

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell us about the best players on the field last night for Champagnat?

Gregory Rousseau - 6-6, 245 - will play DE at Miami - played free safety last night. Very athletic and very talented kid.

One of my favorites was sophomore OL Jovens Janvier - 6-5, 330 and already the fan I spoke too said 9-10 offers - mostly SEC

They had a ton of talent Guru....never seen a team in person with that many kids that will play D-1 football. I'd guess 12.

Gregory Rousseau - 6-6, 245 - will play DE at Miami - played free safety last night. Very athletic and very talented kid.

One of my favorites was sophomore OL Jovens Janvier - 6-5, 330 and already the fan I spoke too said 9-10 offers - mostly SEC

They had a ton of talent Guru....never seen a team in person with that many kids that will play D-1 football. I'd guess 12.

Thanks for all that @EastSideJunkie

My first time posting here and I enjoy everybody's comments and opinions as I'm relatively new here to BluegrassPreps but think it's absolutely great! My son and I were discussing Champagnat's D1 talent prior to the game... To say the least - it is impressive but what I told my son is that Trinity's team is also filled with D1 type "talent". We have a bunch of kids who are smash-mouth great football players but because they are not over 6 feet tall (basically one of the things the bigger D1 recruiters first look for - and I totally get why they do that) they are mostly overlooked and are not technically classified as D1 players. My point ... Just because players haven't officially been offered by D1 schools doesn't mean they aren't D1 type talent. And BTW as you all know, this happens in a lot of programs and in most classes. Hence just one of the many reasons you see schools with little so-called D1 talent knocking off schools who have dozens of players who already have the official D1 offers. Sorry for rambling on all ...

My first time posting here and I enjoy everybody's comments and opinions as I'm relatively new here to BluegrassPreps but think it's absolutely great! My son and I were discussing Champagnat's D1 talent prior to the game... To say the least - it is impressive but what I told my son is that Trinity's team is also filled with D1 type "talent". We have a bunch of kids who are smash-mouth great football players but because they are not over 6 feet tall (basically one of the things the bigger D1 recruiters first look for - and I totally get why they do that) they are mostly overlooked and are not technically classified as D1 players. My point ... Just because players haven't officially been offered by D1 schools doesn't mean they aren't D1 type talent. And BTW as you all know, this happens in a lot of programs and in most classes. Hence just one of the many reasons you see schools with little so-called D1 talent knocking off schools who have dozens of players who already have the official D1 offers. Sorry for rambling on all ...

Welcome aboard @jcardosi66

Your post is subject to a lot of debate and I ask everyone to not debate it in this thread because it will take the focus off the game.

Bottom line is, you are either D1 or you are not D1 and if you are not getting any D1 offers you are NOT D1.

The Trinity offense is still leaving too many points out on the field. Trinity could have easily scored three additional touchdowns. You could tell by the post game interview that Beatty was not pleased with this continuing problem with the offense.
My opinion is the play calling in fourth down situations may be a little suspect. That has been true all season. Also, not attempting to take the very makeable field goals almost bit Trinity.

Yea I didn't understand not kicking the field goals when you had the chance.....As for the Champagnat players that stood out I thought both of the QBs did a great job managing the game for them. #8 got the ball out fast

My Rock are looking good. Good point guru you are or your not D1. Times have changed, when I coached it was skill level that got you there. Most of it now is your 40 time for skilled and your size for lineman. If your 6"5 300 and very average that level will recruit you versus 5"10 lineman 250 that is a great football player.

My Rock are looking good. Good point guru you are or your not D1. Times have changed, when I coached it was skill level that got you there. Most of it now is your 40 time for skilled and your size for lineman. If your 6"5 300 and very average that level will recruit you versus 5"10 lineman 250 that is a great football player.

It's all about measurables and upside..