What Was the #1 Song on the US Charts the Day You Were Born ??? Find Out Here.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the day that I was born in May of 1964 the Number 1 song was "Can't Buy Me Love" by The Beatles in its 5th week of holding down the Number 1 position.

When I was 3 days old "Hello Dolly" sung by Louis Armstrong moved into the Number 1 position staying there for just one week.

From February 1 - May 9 The Beatles held the Number 1 position for 14 consecutive weeks with:

1. "I Want To Hold Your Hand" - 7 Weeks and was also the Number 1 song in all of 1964.

2. "She Loves You" - 2 Weeks

3. "Can't Buy Me Love" - 5 Weeks

Then again on May 30th - "Love Me Do" moved into Number 1 for 1 Week.

Then on August 1 "A Hard Days Night" - 2 Weeks

And on December 26 - "I Feel Fine" for 3 Weeks counting the first 2 weeks of 1965.

In all of 1964 The Beatles held the Number 1 position for a total of 18 weeks with 6 different songs.

One the day that I was born Johnny Cash's "Understand Your Man" was in its 6th and final week at Number 1 on the Country Charts.

For whatever reason I cannot locate the R&B charts for 1964.

While Wikipedia lists ever Number 1 R&B song from 1943- Present, the only year not noted is 1964.... Go figure.

I did however find that The Impressions with lead vocalist Curtis Mayfield held 2 Weeks in May of 1964 at the Number 1 position on what was then referred to as the Cashbox R&B charts with "Keep On Pushing".