Brent Spence Bridge Maintenance Project

Pura Vida

Did I read this right in today's Enquirer? The Brent Spence Bridge replacement is not even in the top 10 on the Kentucky roads project priorities?

My guess is they know they can't fund it, so it is not ranked in the top of their priority list?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big wreck on 275E this morning. Just at the top of the hill under NKU. The backup was well past Taylor Mill.

I'm surprised there haven't been more accidents there in the afternoon. People are diving in front of semi's and jumping on their brakes. Sooner or later there's going to be a huge pile up down by the merge to 471N

Big wreck on 275E this morning. Just at the top of the hill under NKU. The backup was well past Taylor Mill.

I'm surprised there haven't been more accidents there in the afternoon. People are diving in front of semi's and jumping on their brakes. Sooner or later there's going to be a huge pile up down by the merge to 471N

I saw that backup....as I was driving underneath the highway on Decoursey Pike...where there were no other cars in my way. :wave:

Took Kellogg on the way to work today because the news said 471 N was a mess. Smooth sailing today. Felt lucky.

Depending on where you live and where you go, that is a much better option every day. From Covington if I am heading to the Rookwood or Kenwood area I would take that way. Downtown I would take teh Suspension or Clayway, again deppending where.

Depending on where you live and where you go, that is a much better option every day. From Covington if I am heading to the Rookwood or Kenwood area I would take that way. Downtown I would take teh Suspension or Clayway, again deppending where.

I live a little past NKU off 27. I usually take 471 but sometimes mix it up. Really depends on the sign before getting on 471 and what it says.

Did I read this right in today's Enquirer? The Brent Spence Bridge replacement is not even in the top 10 on the Kentucky roads project priorities?

My guess is they know they can't fund it, so it is not ranked in the top of their priority list?

Funding or not it should be at the top of the list. How does that look to the folks in Wash. DC when we are trying to get federal dollars for a project that isn't even a top 10 project in our state?

Funding or not it should be at the top of the list. How does that look to the folks in Wash. DC when we are trying to get federal dollars for a project that isn't even a top 10 project in our state?

Is the Brent Spence a Kentucky issue or an Ohio issue? Who pays the maintenance on Brent Spence?

Kentucky. However I will point out that Ohio is doing a lot of construction anticipating the new bridge being built. All of the lane widening happening on I-75 is to be ready for when the new bridge is built. Meanwhile Kentucky is doing nothing except whine amongst ourselves and throw out red herrings like a bypass bridge way out to the east somewhere

There are fender benders there all the time. The problem is that people not familiar with the area come flying up the fast lane. You cannot see if traffic is stopped in that lane until you come to the top of the hill, which is too late. In my 2 years of driving 275 from Turkeyfoot to 27, I've seen numerous fender benders right in that area, and I've been stuck in traffic due to more serious accidents. I was fortunate to just miss being in one right after I started driving this route. A pickup in the left lane came flying up the fast lane, and it was stopped. He slammed on his brakes and turned into the middle lane. I don't know how I avoided him, but I did by probably less than an inch. Since then, I'm always in the right lane once I pass the Wilder exit.

Its not even on the project list or approved as a project.

Kentucky. However I will point out that Ohio is doing a lot of construction anticipating the new bridge being built. All of the lane widening happening on I-75 is to be ready for when the new bridge is built. Meanwhile Kentucky is doing nothing except whine amongst ourselves and throw out red herrings like a bypass bridge way out to the east somewhere

Won't theFeds will be involved as well since it is an interstate highway?

There are fender benders there all the time. The problem is that people not familiar with the area come flying up the fast lane. You cannot see if traffic is stopped in that lane until you come to the top of the hill, which is too late. In my 2 years of driving 275 from Turkeyfoot to 27, I've seen numerous fender benders right in that area, and I've been stuck in traffic due to more serious accidents. I was fortunate to just miss being in one right after I started driving this route. A pickup in the left lane came flying up the fast lane, and it was stopped. He slammed on his brakes and turned into the middle lane. I don't know how I avoided him, but I did by probably less than an inch. Since then, I'm always in the right lane once I pass the Wilder exit.

That thing that is downright scary, and I've seen one really bad wreck due to it since this re-route started, is folks (like ME) that are doing 70 in the middle lane, up the hill of 275 towards 471, the left lane is stopped dead, and then someone decides to jump out of line (from a dead-stop) and not wait for 471. I now try to get all the way over in the right lane unless it is filled with trucks doing 40 up that hill.

That thing that is downright scary, and I've seen one really bad wreck due to it since this re-route started, is folks (like ME) that are doing 70 in the middle lane, up the hill of 275 towards 471, the left lane is stopped dead, and then someone decides to jump out of line (from a dead-stop) and not wait for 471. I now try to get all the way over in the right lane unless it is filled with trucks doing 40 up that hill.

Yep, I've seen that too. Then those people try to merge back into the lane at the last second to get on the ramp. I gladly drive 40 up the hill anymore knowing that's my safest bet. With getting off at 27, it's not a big deal for me.