Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stay at NKU or return to WKU?

Featured Replies

Should the girls' tourney remain at NKU or return to WKU?

  • Replies 149
  • Views 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NKU- would love to be on a committee to help improve the experience - have some great ideas!

As a Northern Kentuckian I'm excited to see the tournament being held at NKU, but my gut says that it would only be logical if a more centralized location in the state be utilized so that teams and fans from all the far reaching areas of the state didn't have to travel so far to attend. Just like NKU, WKU is also too far for many.

 

Rupp Arena for the boys makes perfect sense. I don't know the attendance numbers for the girls tourney, but wonder if Frankfort would work. If Frankfort isn't big enough, then what other more centralized location could support the number of folks who attend?

As to the convenience of the location issue, my guess is that there are a lot more Kentucky residents within 2 hours of NKU than there are within two hours of WKU.

I'm with @B-Ball-fan, Frankfort would be the ideal place to hold it. Neither WKU or NKU are central enough to host IMO. Maybe Memorial Coliseum but I like Dibble and BB&T better than Memorial.

As to the convenience of the location issue, my guess is that there are a lot more Kentucky residents within 2 hours of NKU than there are within two hours of WKU.

 

Here's the biggest rub: it would appear that there are 8 miles difference between the two sites from the geographic center of the state.

 

I'm not sure why Memorial is not considered a viable option

I would love to see it at Memorial. I think parking would be the problem.

Has anything ever been held in Richmond? Would like there or Frankfort

Here's the biggest rub: it would appear that there are 8 miles difference between the two sites from the geographic center of the state.

 

I'm not sure why Memorial is not considered a viable option

 

I don't doubt that, but if you look at the population within two hours of each I bet NKU has a huge advantage, probably two times the population within 2 hours vs WKU

You want me to do updates?........Then it better stay here, love that it's less than 10 minutes from the house.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.