Stay at NKU or return to WKU?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt that, but if you look at the population within two hours of each I bet NKU has a huge advantage, probably two times the population within 2 hours vs WKU

Population may be true, attending a whole 'nother thing....First session yesterday, probably less than was at Fieldhouse for Boys Regional Final Tuesday. I would guess 1,000 or less and that included the bussed in students.

I would say EKU, Frankfort, or how about Johnson Arena at Morehead State? I would say Memorial too, but too many people have a love/hate relationship with UK "hosting" things imo.

If you throw Morehead into the mix, it would get that area in the mix of hosting a state level championship and is just an hour from Lexington. If you havent been to Morehead in a while it has really changed since I went to college there in the mid-90's.

Pasquales on Main Street is still the place to go for their Stromboli too. :up:

As to the convenience of the location issue, my guess is that there are a lot more Kentucky residents within 2 hours of NKU than there are within two hours of WKU.

According to this site, the state center of population is in Willisburg, Washington County. Per Google Maps, Willisburg is 1:52 minutes from Western Kentucky University, 1:58 minutes from Northern Kentucky University.

State Centers of Population >> Twelve Mile Circle >> maps, geography, travel

Population may be true, attending a whole 'nother thing....First session yesterday, probably less than was at Fieldhouse for Boys Regional Final Tuesday. I would guess 1,000 or less and that included the bussed in students.

This is on track with what I was about to ask. Does anyone know how attendance compares between these years at NKU and before at WKU?

I'm sure as far as the KHSAA is concerned, it will go to the highest bidder. I haven't heard of WKU and BG want back in or if NKU wants to hold on. I haven't heard if any others want to enter the mix either. It will be interesting to see who really wants it.