Stay at NKU or return to WKU?

Let's not give Campbell all the credit. In session 2 last year they played Trimble and TC had as many fans there as CC. Small county farther away but always travels well.

I am not. My point is they were 2 local schools playing in those sessions. However, if anyone was at the Franklin Co/Campbell Co game last year Campbell Co brought a crowd.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memorial is too small? Might want to recheck your facts...

Frankfort Convention Center - 5000+ seating capacity

Johnson Arena @ Morehead- 6500 seating capacity

Diddle Arena @ WKU - 7326 seating capacity

BB&T @ NKU - 10,000 seating capacity

Memorial @ UK - 10,000 seating capacity

Alumni @ EKU – 6500 seating capacity

Then have it in Memorial! It'll make everything much more simple, the KHSAA people don't have to travel from Bowling Green to Lexington or from Lex to NKU. They boys get to play at the home of the Wildcats so why shouldn't the girls get to play at the home of the UK Hoops team?

There is a lot of chatter that the Girls Sweet 16 will return to BB&T next year and then move to Rupp Arena in 2019 and be played the same week as the boys tournament in something like a Monday through Sunday setup which may mirror how the All A Tournament is run.

St. Elizabeth has been a terrific partner for the KHSAA and they really like the support they have given the girls Sweet 16 at BB&T.

I don't see that happening.

I'm sure WKU wasn't perfect for the first few years give NKU a few more years to iron out things. NKU is a great place to watch games with an area full of restaurants, shopping and Cincy right down the road. I believe it has more to offer than WKU in my opinion.

I'm sure as far as the KHSAA is concerned, it will go to the highest bidder. I haven't heard of WKU and BG want back in or if NKU wants to hold on. I haven't heard if any others want to enter the mix either. It will be interesting to see who really wants it.

That's entirely true...then every employee of KHSAA can travel on that money, be put up, meals provided...even if it isn't one of the sports they are commissioner over. Makes no sense for these individuals to be sucking up money on a free vacation to the State Tourneys.

There is a lot of chatter that the Girls Sweet 16 will return to BB&T next year and then move to Rupp Arena in 2019 and be played the same week as the boys tournament in something like a Monday through Sunday setup which may mirror how the All A Tournament is run.

St. Elizabeth has been a terrific partner for the KHSAA and they really like the support they have given the girls Sweet 16 at BB&T.

There is absolutely no way the bold part will ever happen. The KHSAA isn't going to put the Girls' Sweet 16 in Rupp and especially not the same week as the Boys'.

The Boy's Sweet 16 is their bread and butter and they won't mess with the current schedules.

That's entirely true...then every employee of KHSAA can travel on that money, be put up, meals provided...even if it isn't one of the sports they are commissioner over. Makes no sense for these individuals to be sucking up money on a free vacation to the State Tourneys.

Free Vacation? they are working during this time. Someone from the KHSAA has to be there.

Free Vacation? they are working during this time. Someone from the KHSAA has to be there.

That is true, someone from the KHSAA does need to be there,however, that's not at all what I said.

All the Commissioners, even the non-basketball commissioners are there. Darren Bilberry has nothing to do with basketball, (but does oversee bass fishing) but he is there, as an example. The entire bank of commissioners are getting paid to be on site...doesn't happen in any other sport except basketball. You find Julian or Butch at the State Track Meet, the State Volleyball Tournament, the State Softball, Swimming, or Bowling.....

I won't dispute that they may very well be working, but they ain't working on behalf of basketball and it certainly doesn't take every one of them on the site..

Meet the Staff | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

That is true, someone from the KHSAA does need to be there,however, that's not at all what I said.

All the Commissioners, even the non-basketball commissioners are there. Darren Bilberry has nothing to do with basketball, (but does oversee bass fishing) but he is there, as an example. The entire bank of commissioners are getting paid to be on site...doesn't happen in any other sport except basketball. You find Julian or Butch at the State Track Meet, the State Volleyball Tournament, the State Softball, Swimming, or Bowling.....

I won't dispute that they may very well be working, but they ain't working on behalf of basketball and it certainly doesn't take every one of them on the site..

Meet the Staff | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

I don't see a problem with them being there with it being a KHSAA sponsored event.

I don't see a problem with them being there with it being a KHSAA sponsored event.

I don't know that you're getting my point. All the Commissioners don't attend each and every state championship. If you look at their core areas, most don't even have a hand in basketball, but they get the full week(s) to be at the tournaments.

You think Julian would go to a State lake to attend the Bass Fishing Tournament ? Not a chance...Butch neither, or Darren. Why do you think they attend basketball but not Archery, Bowling, Dance or anything else ? It's a boondoggle at the expense of everyone else....

I don't know that you're getting my point. All the Commissioners don't attend each and every state championship. If you look at their core areas, most don't even have a hand in basketball, but they get the full week(s) to be at the tournaments.

You think Julian would go to a State lake to attend the Bass Fishing Tournament ? Not a chance...Butch neither, or Darren. Why do you think they attend basketball but not Archery, Bowling, Dance or anything else ? It's a boondoggle at the expense of everyone else....

I get your point. Do all of them need to go? Probably not, but basketball takes a lot more people than a Bass Fishing tournament.