Teen Girls Murdered in Indiana

Jumper_Dad

I feel like they should at least be able to come up with a few suspects based on that camera footage. I was hoping when I saw this thread active that he had been caught.

I'd say they probably do have some suspects or at least persons of interest. Hopefully they can develop the case to get an indictment, arrest and conviction.

I'd say they probably do have some suspects or at least persons of interest. Hopefully they can develop the case to get an indictment, arrest and conviction.

I dont know. If they had a person of interest then do a DNA on them and see if it matches.

Im afraid its going to be a cold case.

I dont know. If they had a person of interest then do a DNA on them and see if it matches.

Im afraid its going to be a cold case.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Anyone who is a person of interest should be brought in for DNA testing, because the murderer had to leave plenty of DNA at the crime scene.

You mean DNA results don't take 2 hours to get like on TV? :D

Seems like people here think this is an episode of some stupid crime drama. These cases arent exactly easy to solve with very little information to go on.

It might be solved in 2 years, 5 years, or never...but i guarantee they are doing everything they can to solve it. No one wants a murderer free to do it again.

Seems like people here think this is an episode of some stupid crime drama. These cases arent exactly easy to solve with very little information to go on.

It might be solved in 2 years, 5 years, or never...but i guarantee they are doing everything they can to solve it. No one wants a murderer free to do it again.

I am sure we all agree on this. I am guessing none of us agree it should take two or five years. However, I also am concerned that this is where agencies get caught up in their shorts due to overwhelming workload, multiple important crimes to solve, and clues get overlooked because all the available or potential resources are not brought to bear. And "everything they can do" is restricted to available funding and consequent personnel resources which have limits as we all know. I believe it is doubtful that this person is a local. I often wonder if this picture is circulated, say in Michigan or Northern Indiana or Illinois with the same coverage that we may see it, and is it still being circulated? If Chicago police get a tip, how soon can they follow up when they are dealing with local crime?

I only fear a reoccurrence of Jean Benoit Ramsey.

I am sure we all agree on this. I am guessing none of us agree it should take two or five years. However, I also am concerned that this is where agencies get caught up in their shorts due to overwhelming workload, multiple important crimes to solve, and clues get overlooked because all the available or potential resources are not brought to bear. And "everything they can do" is restricted to available funding and consequent personnel resources which have limits as we all know. I believe it is doubtful that this person is a local. I often wonder if this picture is circulated, say in Michigan or Northern Indiana or Illinois with the same coverage that we may see it, and is it still being circulated? If Chicago police get a tip, how soon can they follow up when they are dealing with local crime?

I didnt say it should take 2 or 5 years. I said it could. Id put money down that says they are following up on all credible leads, and they are doing everything possible to solve the case, especially since the FBI is involved as well.

The Ramsey case will never be solved because, imo, someone already in the house killed her and the parents did their best to make it as difficult as possible on law enforcement.

In fact, a grand jury indicted the parents but the prosecutor didnt go forward with charges.

I can't tell you how many people I know who watch way too much of those crime dramas and have wild expectations that what happens in that tidy 43 minutes (not counting commercial breaks), is decidedly how it works in the real world, where there are budgets and bureaucratic supervisors to answer to, as crazy as that sounds.

I had a buddy absolutely fighting mad that I would dare suggest that a particular PD wouldn't throw all of its top resources at one case (at the expense of doing nothing on the dozens of others they're working on concurrently) in order to get that thing solved fast. "Nope, that's how it's done," he insisted, as I called bullhockey.

I have no way to prove it definitively, but anecdotal evidence would lead me to bet the number of students enrolling in fields such as forensic science has gone through the roof in the past decade. Probably at its highest levels since Quincy M.D. was on TV regularly. Or at least since the X-Files' heyday.

I can't tell you how many people I know who watch way too much of those crime dramas and have wild expectations that what happens in that tidy 43 minutes (not counting commercial breaks), is decidedly how it works in the real world, where there are budgets and bureaucratic supervisors to answer to, as crazy as that sounds.

I had a buddy absolutely fighting mad that I would dare suggest that a particular PD wouldn't throw all of its top resources at one case (at the expense of doing nothing on the dozens of others they're working on concurrently) in order to get that thing solved fast. "Nope, that's how it's done," he insisted, as I called bullhockey.

I have no way to prove it definitively, but anecdotal evidence would lead me to bet the number of students enrolling in fields such as forensic science has gone through the roof in the past decade. Probably at its highest levels since Quincy M.D. was on TV regularly. Or at least since the X-Files' heyday.

Our high school actually has a Forensics class now for a science elective, letting kids kind of dip a toe in to that field.

Unfortunately it happens more than we realize. Here's a local case to me that will likely never be solved thanks to some botched earlier work.

Kidnapping, Murder and Mayhem: Short Family Murders Still Unsolved