Teen Girls Murdered in Indiana

Jumper_Dad

Just now, Purple88 said:

I can't imagine being the parent of one of those sweet girls and after all this time being told they were "ritualistically sacrificed".  That would be even more difficult to know how they suffered at the end IMO.

That's exactly what I said to my wife this week. 

From an article in the Lafayette Journal & Courier:

"Odinism is the pagan religion referenced above, and its followers are called Odinites," the memorandum states. "Odinists are enamored of Viking/Nordic culture.

"Evidence supports that at the crime scene, these murdering Odinites left behind obvious signatures, symbols in the form of runes (Germanic letters)," according to the memorandum. "These runes were (1) formed with sticks, (2) fashioned with tree branches and (3) painted using the blood of Liberty German."

Clues to the Odinism killing included sticks placed over Abby and Libby's bodies at the crime scene to form Germanic letters associated with Odinism; a letter painted on a tree with Libby's blood; and faux antlers created with sticks branches placed above Abby's head, according to the memorandum.

Additionally, some of the branches had been precut with a power saw, suggesting they were prepared before the killings, according to the memorandum.

"This stick configuration is a spot-on resemblance for the rune (letter) called 'Hagal'," a footnote in the memorandum states . "This rune is used to depict the word ‘Hail.' Therefore, the combination of the Hagal rune found on Abby and the Ansuz rune found on the tree when combined would proclaim 'Hail Odin.' ”

"Delphi investigation seemingly, and quickly, abandoned the obvious correlation between the crime scene and Odinism, despite an obscene amount of evidence linking Odinism to the crime scene," the memorandum states.

"(T)he Odinite angle was abandoned by March 2017, only a few weeks after the girls were murdered," the memorandum stated. "The reason for this abandonment: a Purdue professor had reached a conclusion concerning Odinism and the crime scene."

No one can recall who the Purdue professor was who told them the Odinism was not involved, according to the memorandum.

Wow!  This is really a complicated trial.  

The ritualistic Odinism is a new one on me.  But very, very little of the crime scene details were ever given likely because they are too brutal to do so.  So now all these years later they are coming out. So it's like brand new information for the public.

The part of the narrative above that caught my eye was this:

"(T)he Odinite angle was abandoned by March 2017, only a few weeks after the girls were murdered," the memorandum stated. "The reason for this abandonment: a Purdue professor had reached a conclusion concerning Odinism and the crime scene."

I like to watch "Cold Crime" cases and how they are solved and it's usually when they go back to the beginning and comb through every detail to find a new tangent to follow.  But this doesn't seem like a new tangent as it was right in front of their faces.  

Not sure what to believe.  But Allen's gun matched the shell casing at the scene of the crime.  If that stands, it will be hard to get around that.  If that is thrown out, they he has a chance to be acquitted, I think.

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.