Teen Girls Murdered in Indiana

Jumper_Dad

On 3/8/2023 at 10:02 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Some interesting info from this article, discussing the apparent investigation attempting to explore potential links between the two murders. First, there is allegedly some DNA evidence that was recovered from the Stephenson crime scene in Florence. Second, the Delphi investigators apparently still have several reasons to believe that Richard Allen, who is currently in custody for the murders, was aided in the murders by an additional individual. Richard Allen has apparently been ruled out as a suspect in the Stephenson murder, but the "additional individual" concept seems to be what's pushing this part of the investigation.

Chilling Connection: Eerie link between Delphi murders and unsolved Stephenson killings looked into by cops shocked by ‘gruesome’ scene | the-sun.com

The bodies of the beloved couple - who were considered pillars of their local community - had been posed in separate rooms and the crime scene was elaborately staged.

Boone County Detective Coy Cox told The U.S. Sun the crime scene was unlike anything he'd seen before during his decades-long career in law enforcement, revealing that "pretty much everything" inside the home had been meddled with in some capacity.

"I've seen some pretty gruesome things, but I've never seen a crime scene like that before," said Cox.

"[It was staged] in almost every way that you could think possible. I don't want to elaborate too much, but things were moved and turned over, things had been touched on bookshelves and in cabinets, and things had been rearranged on the refrigerator.

"And then with the victims, things had been laid around them and on top of them. We didn't have a crime scene, we had a scene the killer or killers wanted us to find."

----------------------------------------------

However, the investigation took an interesting turn in November last year when Cox and his partner, Tim Adams, received a tip claiming the Stephensons' deaths may be linked to the murders of two teen girls, Libby German and Abigail Williams, 198 miles away in Delphi, Indiana.

Libby, 14, and Abby, 13, were found dead in a wooded area on Valentine's Day, 2017.

Like the Stephenson case, few details have been shared by investigators, but the girls' bodies are understood to have been "posed" and both had lost a lot of blood, leaked documents stated.

According to Cox, the tipster listed a series of reasons "why the culprit behind the Delphi murders is the same person who did the Stephenson murders."

The tip didn't concern Richard Allen, who was arrested and charged with the murders of Libby and Abby in October last year, a month before the tip came in, Cox said.

However, investigators in Delphi said they have reason to believe Allen was allegedly "not the only actor involved" in the girls' deaths and are currently looking into other potential suspects.

Wow, that would be crazy, disturbing and kinda scary if these cases were linked.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

About 4 weeks ago a judge granted a motion filed by Richard Allen's attorneys to move him from the Westville Correctional Facility where he has been held since shortly after his arrested in October 2022 to another undisclosed facility within the Department of Correction. The filing stated that Allen is being held in a 6' x 10' cell, without a bed and only a thin sleeping pad to put down on the concrete floor. It also stated he has not been allowed any visitors, has little if any time outside of his cell, and that he is being given insufficient clothing changes. Their claim is that this has led to a rapid deterioration in Allen's physical and mental state. Allen's attorneys also publicly released a picture of him on social media, where he definitely looks dirty and surprisingly thinner than he did in his booking photo from 7 months ago.

October 2022

2022-state-police-superintendent-doug-77

April 2023

9548d6b5-ae1c-47a0-b1fe-2bf85898703e.jpg

He's probably in a solo cell so other prisoners don't kill him. Same with restricted time out of his cell, the more time he's the more time for someone to get to him. He should be somewhat thankful for his accommodations. 

6 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Hate that for him...Not!!!

3 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

He's probably in a solo cell so other prisoners don't kill him. Same with restricted time out of his cell, the more time he's the more time for someone to get to him. He should be somewhat thankful for his accommodations. 

Playing devil's advocate, somewhat......folks are still innocent until proven guilty in the United States, right? So Richard Allen is still innocent, in the eyes of the law. Furthermore, what if he IS innocent?

Makes, "Hate that for him...Not!!!" seem a little more flippant, doesn't it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Playing devil's advocate, somewhat......folks are still innocent until proven guilty in the United States, right? So Richard Allen is still innocent, in the eyes of the law. Furthermore, what if he IS innocent?

It sure does...probably small minded of me also.

I feel that he is the right person, so if he doesn't like protective custody in the jail I'm sure a move to general population could be worked out.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I had the same initial reaction that JD had, but what you're saying is accurate. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

It sure does...probably small minded of me also.

I feel that he is the right person, so if he doesn't like protective custody in the jail I'm sure a move to general population could be worked out.

2 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I had the same initial reaction that JD had, but what you're saying is accurate. 

I'm not trying to cast stones at all. I struggle to feel sympathy sometimes when it seems like all of the evidence at hand is pointing at someone being absolutely guilty. But still, in order for the system to work, you have to still try to respect how it was designed to work. It's taken me a long while to try to embrace that a little more.

We have to try and look at people as being innocent in the eyes of the law until they are proven not to be, and that even includes while they are in custody and facing charges. Personally, I think seeing the results of The Innocence Project has opened my eyes to the need to maintain open-mindedness to that even moreso.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm not trying to cast stones at all. I struggle to feel sympathy sometimes when it seems like all of the evidence at hand is pointing at someone being absolutely guilty. But still, in order for the system to work, you have to still try to respect how it was designed to work. It's taken me a long while to try to embrace that a little more.

We have to try and look at people as being innocent in the eyes of the law until they are proven not to be, and that even includes while they are in custody and facing charges. Personally, I think seeing the results of The Innocence Project has opened my eyes to the need to maintain open-mindedness to that even moreso.

I completely understand your point and I even agree with it.

That said I'm sure that photo was taken to show him in the worst way possible. Weight loss is apparent and more than likely a result of reduced caloric intake in jail compared to living at home. He's slumping down in his chair and I wouldn't be shocked if he intentionally soiled his clothing just for this photo, I'm sorry if a stained t-shirt doesn't draw any sympathyfrom me.

The fact that he is in a 6x10 cell without a bed and alone, leads me to believe thar he is on suicide watch. That would also have additional restrictions placed on him. Of course his attorney is trying to draw sympathy for him. Probably a ploy to be brought up again at his sentencing or to try to claim reduced capacity at trial if there is one.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen confessed to killing 2 teen girls: prosecutors | Fox News

The above link is to a good article from Fox News about a hearing that recently took place where it was revealed Mr. Allen confessed to "5 or 6" people that he killed both girls on the trail back in 2017.

The Defense argued it isn't reliable as it wasn't the same consistent story; while the prosecution feels it culminates their case. 

Regardless, Mr. Allen looks in poor physical condition (see above) and apparently is having at least some mental problems among others.

I really feel for the families in this case.  Even Mr. Allens, he has a mom and dad and family like everyone else.  But the kids families would be the hardest.  Could not imagine dealing with that.

At this point, I'm not sure Allen will be competent to stand trial mentally.  Will be interesting to see what happens from there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Attorneys for Delphi double homicide suspect Richard Allen say teenagers Liberty German and Abigail Williams were "ritualistically sacrificed" by members of a pagan Norse religion and white nationalist group called "Odinism."

The newest twist in the case comes in a document dump Monday morning from Allen's attorneys, who are asking the judge to throw out evidence collected during a search of his home shortly before his arrest last year.

They say the search was unconstitutional because police and prosecutors left out important information in their request for a search warrant. Among the most important omissions, they say, is the link to Odinism.

6 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Attorneys for Delphi double homicide suspect Richard Allen say teenagers Liberty German and Abigail Williams were "ritualistically sacrificed" by members of a pagan Norse religion and white nationalist group called "Odinism."

The newest twist in the case comes in a document dump Monday morning from Allen's attorneys, who are asking the judge to throw out evidence collected during a search of his home shortly before his arrest last year.

They say the search was unconstitutional because police and prosecutors left out important information in their request for a search warrant. Among the most important omissions, they say, is the link to Odinism.

This is crazy and horrible to think about what happened to those poor girls.

I hope the warrant was fine and they get anyone else that may have been involved, if any.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 6:52 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

This is crazy and horrible to think about what happened to those poor girls.

I hope the warrant was fine and they get anyone else that may have been involved, if any.

I can't imagine being the parent of one of those sweet girls and after all this time being told they were "ritualistically sacrificed".  That would be even more difficult to know how they suffered at the end IMO.