Chargers to LA?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you don't support a product it goes away.

Horse hockey. This team had plenty of support.

San Diego was 19th in attendance in 2015. Higher than the Cardinals and the Steelers.

Owners made the decision to do new marketing in LA instead. This isnt about support, it's that the voters of San Diego County said "Absolutely not." to taxpayer funds for a new stadium and good for them.

Saying no to corporate welfare is the cardinal sin of the voting public and results in losing your team almost every time.

This has been in the works for quite a while and Chargers fans were dead men walking. I don't blame them for not going this year either.

Hypothetical here: what if these cities all kept voting no to taxpayer stadiums? I hope San Diego sets a precedent with their no vote and these businessman owners realize if they want to sit at the big boy table you need to beagle to spend your big boy money, not mine.

If the Bengals had bounced I wouldn't have blinked. True the atmosphere is cool on days there are home games, but in the end its only 10-12 days a year.

I feel for the fans of San Diego and I think it may be a long time before they ever get support in LA. The NFL was going to give Spanos $300 million but the city wanted a better deal. Now he's going to pay $600 million to move. They could have had a nice stadium for that combined cash and it's possible the city may have voted to pay a small amount if they wanted to go over a billion. Spanos is worth billions and just doesn't have enough.

Wow. The StubHub Center is not particularly big. I can't imagine it even holds 30k.

Tiny stadium by NFL standards.

I think the number I heard was 27,000. But it was just for 2 years till they get a stadium.

It could be an expensive ticket.

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose your team.

If your team moved would you "follow" them to their new city?

I couldn't do it.

I have family members and quite a few friends that were die-hard Browns fans. Not a single one of them rooted for the Ravens. Now, part of that was probably due to the hatred for Art Modell.

Horse hockey. This team had plenty of support.

San Diego was 19th in attendance in 2015. Higher than the Cardinals and the Steelers.

Owners made the decision to do new marketing in LA instead. This isnt about support, it's that the voters of San Diego County said "Absolutely not." to taxpayer funds for a new stadium and good for them.

Saying no to corporate welfare is the cardinal sin of the voting public and results in losing your team almost every time.

This has been in the works for quite a while and Chargers fans were dead men walking. I don't blame them for not going this year either.

As did the Browns when they were moved to Baltimore. The Browns were 4th or 5th in attendance from 90-94 and even in 95 when they found out the team was moving they were still 10th.

Moving the team had nothing to do with not supporting the product.