"Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections"

Habib

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't cheat. Your cheating was exposed.

Donald Trump is a cheater. He has cheated countless people out of money.

Going to stay on track a bit. So this report comes out on Friday and DJT says today that he wants closer relations with Russia. :jump:

He's not even pretending to be mad.

Not useless, looking at the pattern of the dnc corrupting and out right cheating, breaking election laws I dont see them having any problem with anything giving them an advantage. Project Veritas has only scratched the surface. It's been clear and I'm really disappointed in the extent that some will go to push their agenda.

Again it didn't happen. Everything after you put out your hypothetical scenario is just conjecture and assumption. It's certainly not truth.

We are talking about an election, hacking and DNC cheating.... Deflection isn't happening.

You said cheaters never win. I gave you relevant examples.

Actually we should just be talking Russian hacking. You or Jesse started the deflection with Dem corruption.

This didn’t swing the election and its beside the point.

There’s also no doubt world powers are engaged in constant espionage. That’s not what’s at issue here.

To my knowledge, Russia’s strategic leaking of this information is the boldest step any world power has taken to undermine American democracy.* And it’s only the most recent step in Russia’s transparent effort to do this. The report details as much.

This should be treated as an act of escalated hostility toward the United States by Russia. Instead, it’s been treated as something between an uninteresting piece of trivia or outright welcomed, all for political partisan/reasons. I know it is partisanship, because the same people who euphorically applauded Romney for telling Obama Russia was America’s top geopolitical foe are the same shrugging off Russian aggression as “much ado about nothing.”*

We ought to be able to put aside partisanship to talk soberly about American interests.

I’m not a Russia hawk and I’m largely skeptical of a more aggressive response to Putin’s tantrums in the FSRs and ME. I'm supportive of the United States' use of diplomacy to resolve differences and forward our interests. Getting along with more countries is a good thing. But there’s no question about Putin's intentions regarding the U.S., and his ratcheting up of domestic meddling should not be supported, even by dismissing it.

I’ll further add I’m troubled by the increasingly favorable opinion of Putin held by the American public alongside a new president whose seeming admiration of Putin can only be characterized as bizarre.

*Yes, if the DNC had maintained steadfast neutrality in the primary then Sanders’ supporters wouldn’t have a gripe. That the DNC preferred the “establishment” candidate is not only their prerogative, but was patently obvious to anyone who paid attention, just as the RNC’s aversion to Trump was (e.g. Trump’s demand for a very awkward pledge of support from Preibus).

**I can’t but help think what the response would be if, say, China had intervened in our election to help Clinton.

Edited by Habib

I seem to not get the same briefing other BGPers get. You guys seem to know everything the president is doing: What he knows? What he ignores?

One thing I like about Trump is he will tell the entire world through Twitter. :lol2:

It's not hard to see the items Obama has ignored or even spoken about after deciding it no longer needed secrecy. The reason some may know more than you could be having my retiree time to read major newspapers and op. Ed. articles written and innumerable CSpan programs by both conservatives and liberals. These articles contain statements that could only have been received through leaks, either from the Obama Whitehouse or their appointed agencies. This has occurred numerous times during both the Obama, Bush and Clinton Administrations. You are correct in saying the Trump Administration will be much more transparent. It already is transparent.

Fake news.

Gmail accounts can't have a password that simple.

Sorry, my mistake. This was not a Blumenthal account, Hillary's confidant. After checking the article, I thought I read this in emails from HRC to her housekeeper, Santos, who had access and printed out daily Intel briefs and was also given access codes to the SCIF room at her Chappaqua home. Santos had no security clearance. The lack of care for security was rampant. Foreign entities did not need a high level of ability to access our top secrets, they were easily accessed through HRC's unsecured server. The dangers this created for our Intel persons overseas can not be overstated. No, this is not Fake News. But it is a sad state of affairs for the safety of our country and our Intelligence gatherers.