"Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections"

Habib

Hellcats I will ask you for a link that verifies what you are talking about. I read the previous links provided and so far its a bunch of he said she said stuff. Whats great is Obama is gone. Hillary is gone. You all are mad cause you could not rig this election like you did the primary vs Bernie. Your party was exposed as the crooks they are. I dont think I would talk alot without proof. Would you like me to flood this thread with more videos of proof?

Ill be honest with you. I know we banter alot and I enjoy it for the most part, but if I were you all after all those videos came out I would not talk alot. Its embarrassing.

I'm not mad anymore.

A little sad at the lowered status of our nation, but it is what it is.

Certainly not embarrassed. We have a president that is going to challenge Bill.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LEAKS!

:lol2:

Hellcats can't give you a link with a verifiable story because there isn't one. A story so weak that David Corn and Mother Jones would not publish it. There is nothing new on Buzzfeed or CNN and they are the only two to run with this and even they can't verify the fake stories that have been circulating the top levels of security and Washington for a couple weeks. A report so loosely based on special intelligence that this brief is not even classified. More maybes, but nothing to prove collusion and meetings between supposed Trump operatives and Russian officials. More fake news stories for Dems still in denial about HRC's loss.

To be fair respectable posters on the opposite side of the aisle as you did not comment on pizza gate. This report literally has no evidence and as CNN reported they admitted they could not confirm the evidence.

If it is true, things will be need to be asked. But the fact this was reported without evidence after the media's recent lecture on fake news is so hypocritical it is astonishing.

Buzzfeed editor Ben Smith, "There is serious reason to doubt these accusations." Well why in the world was this ever released as truth or insinuated it to be so? This guy is criticizing the truth of his and Carl Bernstein's own story and intelligence sources. If this all proves false, Mr. Trump should own every possession they have.

Buzzfeed editor Ben Smith, "There is serious reason to doubt these accusations." Well why in the world was this ever released as truth or insinuated it to be so? This guy is criticizing the truth of his and Carl Bernstein's own story and intelligence sources. If this all proves false, Mr. Trump should own every possession they have.

This is why. This is what he told his staff in a memo.

“Our presumption is to be transparent in our journalism and to share what we have with our readers,” Mr. Smith wrote. “We have always erred on the side of publishing. In this case, the document was in wide circulation at the highest levels of American government and media.

“Publishing this document was not an easy or simple call, and people of good will may disagree with our choice,” Mr. Smith added. “But publishing this dossier reflects how we see the job of reporters in 2017.”

This is why. This is what he told his staff in a memo.

“Our presumption is to be transparent in our journalism and to share what we have with our readers,” Mr. Smith wrote. “We have always erred on the side of publishing. In this case, the document was in wide circulation at the highest levels of American government and media.

“Publishing this document was not an easy or simple call, and people of good will may disagree with our choice,” Mr. Smith added. “But publishing this dossier reflects how we see the job of reporters in 2017.”

That was all in the article I read. So if he admittedly doesn't verify the source and cannot get another source to verify it, why does he assume the story is true? He does not even believe the story by his own admission. Some meetings between the Russian and someone claiming to represent Trump quoted by the "source" have already been disproved and the "source" stated the report was prepared for Trump's competitor. Why should it be complementary to Trump? Just another sleazy way to get gossip out since these rumors have been known for months. So fake news will be the job of reporters for 2017 as stated by Mr. Smith?

That was all in the article I read. So if he admittedly doesn't verify the source and cannot get another source to verify it, why does he assume the story is true? He does not even believe the story by his own admission. Some meetings between the Russian and someone claiming to represent Trump quoted by the "source" have already been disproved and the "source" stated the report was prepared for Trump's competitor. Why should it be complementary to Trump? Just another sleazy way to get gossip out since these rumors have been known for months. So fake news will be the job of reporters for 2017 as stated by Mr. Smith?

What are you doing up so early, Mamaw? My great pawpaw used to go to bed at 7pm and get up at 3am. I loved spending the night with him but hated the wake-up call for 3am breakfast. :sour:

Fake news has been the job of reporters for years now. Fake news began 5-6 years ago. Not in 2016.

From what I read he pretty much is saying they put it out there because it has been seen and told to all of the high ranking officials in our government, including Trump. I'm guessing he threw it out there and is letting the public decide on what they want to believe in regards to this story. From what I have read no one in the media or the government has been able to confirm that any of it is true so in that regard it really isn't fake news.

I think what is telling is that no one is saying that Trump would never do these things. Folks are saying it hasn't been proven. When I read it the first thing I thought was that I can totally see a Trump doing all of that.

To be fair respectable posters on the opposite side of the aisle as you did not comment on pizza gate. This report literally has no evidence and as CNN reported they admitted they could not confirm the evidence.

If it is true, things will be need to be asked. But the fact this was reported without evidence after the media's recent lecture on fake news is so hypocritical it is astonishing.

My point to her was that you just can't dismiss a report out of hand because CNN reported it.