Open Job: Louisville Central

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also says he is not retiring, just resigning. I would say that in a few years he will be back on the sideline somewhere. He told me before the state championship game that "wasn't it fitting that it ends with these two matching up again." We definitely had hints this was coming!

A couple VERY interesting notes from the Frakes' article that I feel cannot be overlooked:

The 45-year-old Scroggins said the time was right to get out of coaching with his twin kids – son Jayden and daughter Jordan – set to enter high school in the fall. Scroggins said both are multisport athletes who are considering attending a Catholic school in Jefferson County.

A couple interesting things here. First, I wonder which Catholic school they will be attending? Secondly, that comment about the work load speaks volumes that the State is losing one of it's elite coaches because it doesn't make sense from a financial or a time standpoint. This would not be an issue in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Georgia, Texas, etc.. Scroggins would still be coaching and probably being paid handsomely enough that he could focus on the task of molding kids into capable adults.

“I want to spend more time with them and do the things a dad should do with kids going into high school,” said Scroggins, who is planning to continue as a teacher at Central, with civics and math among his courses. “I can’t teach a full load and be a full-time head coach, and teaching is what pays the bills. Something had to go, and I guess it was time for football.”

In 2007 he became the first African-American coach in history to win a Kentucky High School Athletic Association state football title.

I honestly did not know this or think of it! That is something that definitely deserves some accolades!

A couple VERY interesting notes from the Frakes' article that I feel cannot be overlooked:

The 45-year-old Scroggins said the time was right to get out of coaching with his twin kids – son Jayden and daughter Jordan – set to enter high school in the fall. Scroggins said both are multisport athletes who are considering attending a Catholic school in Jefferson County.

A couple interesting things here. First, I wonder which Catholic school they will be attending? Secondly, that comment about the work load speaks volumes that the State is losing one of it's elite coaches because it doesn't make sense from a financial or a time standpoint. This would not be an issue in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Georgia, Texas, etc.. Scroggins would still be coaching and probably being paid handsomely enough that he could focus on the task of molding kids into capable adults.

“I want to spend more time with them and do the things a dad should do with kids going into high school,” said Scroggins, who is planning to continue as a teacher at Central, with civics and math among his courses. “I can’t teach a full load and be a full-time head coach, and teaching is what pays the bills. Something had to go, and I guess it was time for football.”

In 2007 he became the first African-American coach in history to win a Kentucky High School Athletic Association state football title.

I honestly did not know this or think of it! That is something that definitely deserves some accolades!

This may be a dumb question but are there any coed catholic schools in Louisville?

This may be a dumb question but are there any coed catholic schools in Louisville?

DeSales= All Boys

Trinity= All Boys

St. X= All Boys

Have to think it will be the combo deal where the son goes to one school and the daughter goes to a school like Assumption or Presentation.

Are CAL and Country Day the only co-ed Private Schools in Louisville?

DeSales= All Boys

Trinity= All Boys

St. X= All Boys

Have to think it will be the combo deal where the son goes to one school and the daughter goes to a school like Assumption or Presentation.

Are CAL and Country Day the only co-ed Private Schools in Louisville?

I can't wait to see where they end up at.

I don't blame him at all for his decision. It may be much easier on him to watch his son plays as opposed to coaching him. I'm assuming his son plays football and maybe that isn't something he wants to do. Plus as mentioned he will have more time to be there for both of twins. Coaching is time consuming and taxing. I can't imagine he'd have time to coach and go watch his daughter play and then add in the stress of coaching your son. I feel him totally.

no offense to Holy Cross, but I'd be surprised if his son or daughter went there. Other Catholic schools offer equivalent education and better sports opportunity. If his son plays both football and basketball I would think that Trinity would be the first choice. though, St. X and DeSales are solid choices that wouldn't surprise me.