Open Job: Louisville Central

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Frakes tweeted that Coach Scroggins has stepped down. Anyone have any details as to why or who could be next?

It is very surprising to see one of KY's elite coaches step away in his prime, but for those who have followed him it also isnt a total surprise.

Was lots of buzz last year that he may step away. Think he is ready to focus on being a dad and being a spectator as his son is a star athlete that is about to come into High School.

Regardless, I wish nothing but the very best to one of the classiest coaches in the State. If he decides to return to coaching I am sure he will have his share of options of places who want him. He did it the right way at Central!

For anyone that saw the 3A State Finals, after the game Haywood and Scroggins hugged and embraced for a very lengthy amount of time. I had never seen anything like that following a High School game. They talked, patted each other on the back, and shook hands goodbye.

I told some people at the game and that I knew after that there was something specific about that conversation that would have an impact. My gut instinct then was that this was a "goodbye" but it could have been from either one. Someone even asked Haywood post game about it and he basically refused to go in detail, which further fueled my hunch. I guess my instincts were founded after all.

Big opportunity for the right candidate to step in and continue Central's success.

BUT, also a fulcrum point in which it could easily go the other way as well.

If I were to make a prediction, Central hires from within and D-Coordinator James Simpson takes over as the HC.

Simpson has always been Scorggins' right hand man and knows how he likes to run the program and how to instill discipline and a fundamentally sound, hard hitting Defense.

With Simpson's son graduating (was LC's QB this year) I think it makes a transition to the HC spot very seamless now. Just a prediction,, but I can't see that staff being dis-assembled and if Scroggins does step away from coaching I would bet good money he is still trying to help his old staff and players in the background in some fashion.