Which celebrity death hurt you the most?

jericho

Never heard of Elie Wiesel . so i googled him . Not familiar with his story though

I'll send you a copy of his book Night if you'd like. It's a quick read - maybe 175 pages. It was absolutely a life changing read for me. Teaches both the capacity of humans to commit evil, and the human ability to persevere in the face of some of the worst conditions imagineable.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll send you a copy of his book Night if you'd like. It's a quick read - maybe 175 pages. It was absolutely a life changing read for me. Teaches both the capacity of humans to commit evil, and the human ability to persevere in the face of some of the worst conditions imagineable.

Required reading in high school.

I really need to read that. I've somehow managed to read Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning but not Night.

None "hurt"...however, as for the greatest sense of loss, ALI hands down!

Will never forget the lighting of the Olympic flame in LA. I was amazed that he lived as long as he did with Parkinsons. And his legacy is amazing regardless of how folks feel about his outspoken approach in his youth! He achieved legendary status...

None, I didn't personally have a connection to any of them.

Exactly! About the only thing I got off a "celebrity death" was a feeling to play "Are the good times really over for good" when Merle passed.

Not 2016, but Robin Williams. A guy so liked so funny and had lived such a full life. It made me realize that everyone has their own demons and it isn't something you can necessarily grow out of.

I just stumbled upon this Robin Williams interview. Does anybody else think that if he had lived he could have played Pope John Paul II in a movie?