Its official, Kentucky will be moving to 6 classes

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can learn to love the Louisville alignment, so long as no waves are made in the Old Rivalry scheduling. I still say Seneca and Fern Creek should be flipped, but that's really nit picking. Overall, Louisville looks right to me.

Its PAYBACK TIME!

We have a long way to go before we are paying Beechwood back...Having said that I do believe Coach J and his staff will have the Pikeville program in position to give Beechwood and/or Mayfield a good game should the Panthers meet up with either team. It may take a while but I think we have the perfect staff to get Pikeville at the level to win a state title.

The district that Somerset was placed in makes sense as far as travel time and I can see that as the main reason for asking to be moved up. But the fact that Somerset's Principal in on the KHSAA Board of Control will cause a lot of people(not me) to question why they were allowed to move up to what appears to be a much easier district.

Corbin will more than likely be in that district also after the initial 2-year period is up, so maybe they can resume their rivalry then. If the KHSAA used current enrollment figures, Corbin would already be classified as 3A with over 360 boys in the high school this year.

Good Post...

But it is my understanding that when someone move up....someone moves down. Thus in thet long haul it will change the numbers to be initially moved up or down in a class.

I see some good rivalries getting started and some old ones renewed and that can't be a bad thing for football in general.

How about 24 classes with a triple elimination tournament at the end of the season? And give trophies to everyone who makes it to the round of sixteen. There now, has everyone gotten a trophy? This is a joke. I can see Texas having 6 classes, but Kentucky? Please... I guess everyone with a daughter is hoping there will be 12 classes of field hockey in 2008 (to keep a competitive balance, of course.)

First off I said 1000-3000 not knowing the exact number.

I guess your right, a school of 700-800 boys is pretty fair playing against schools with 1400-1500 boys. :rolleyes: Not to mention the thousands upon thousands of dollars that go into the these private school football programs. Some of the now 4A soon to be 6A are happy to get a few thousand dollars a year. Heck St.X probably spends as much on their mouthpieces as some entire football teams do all season. It's unfair. Until private schools have their own playoffs it will always be a lop-sided tournament..

It's hard enough getting 80 of the 800 boys to play football. I wouldn't doubt that St. X doesn't turn kids away..

How would you feel if a public school had 1500 boys?

Are you serious??

Take Nelson Co for example.. The school has roughly 1,300 kids.. So I am going to guess that the boy/girl is split down the middle so 650 boys MAYBE!

Playing against St. X where how many boys attend? 1,500.. 2,000 how is that fair?

I guess it is the same kind of fair for a 1A school of about 250 boys playing against a 4A school with about 1200 boys in Basketball or Baseball.

How about 24 classes with a triple elimination tournament at the end of the season? And give trophies to everyone who makes it to the round of sixteen. There now, has everyone gotten a trophy? This is a joke. I can see Texas having 6 classes, but Kentucky? Please... I guess everyone with a daughter is hoping there will be 12 classes of field hockey in 2008 (to keep a competitive balance, of course.)

Well i guess that every school across the state better get to building their "Watered Down" trophy cases and make sure to put that across the top of it.:rolleyes: They are giving out 2 more trophies not 200. What is wrong with making approximately 100 more young men feel good about winning a state title. I mean are the titles for the kids or their parents.

You guys make sure you go to the celebrations next year at the six state champion schools and remind them that their trophy means little since it is watered down.

Note: Wear padding.

:irked:

Why not ask the high school athletes around the State? Bet the vast majority would like to have better odds at the postseason. After all, its for them.

Well i guess that every school across the state better get to building their "Watered Down" trophy cases and make sure to put that across the top of it.:rolleyes: They are giving out 2 more trophies not 200. What is wrong with making approximately 100 more young men feel good about winning a state title. I mean are the titles for the kids or their parents.

For the parents, and (more appropriately) administrators. Kids are smart. They know it's watered down

Here are the breakdowns:

District 8 -- Clark Co., Harlan Consolidated, Madison Central, Scott Co., Shelby Co.

The KHSAA website does not reflect Harlan Consolidated. Maybe they have elected not to compete for state title as their superintendent stated earlier this year.