Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Its official, Kentucky will be moving to 6 classes

Featured Replies

Paducah Tilghman's side of the state is crazy...they might set the longest win streak with that district slate! Made out like bandits doesn't even describe it!

 

I don't like Class A, as Snakesnot said totally watered down! It will be Mayfield, Beechwood, and Holy Cross every year vs a weaker opponent! It kinda kills homefield advantage...surely they won't make Mayfield or Beechwood travel to each other some 6 hours away!

  • Replies 115
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fisky, I understand that the playoffs will remain unchanged, 32 teams per class, 4 per district.

 

I have heard a lot of talk that they are looking at using neutral sites for the semifinals.

 

Also still up in the air is how the 3rd and 4th rounds of the playoffs will be structured. Do they use the "blind draw". Who gets home field advantage? etc.

 

But most of that is really better suited to have its own thread to discuss it.

I think the 6 class system is a move in the wrong direction. Why fix something that isn't broken? It looks like it is just going to water down the playoffs. A team could go 0-10 and still make the playoffs. That is a joke.

 

I would say teams are going to love the traveling as well. An example would be the new school in Harlan playing at Shelby County. I could understand traveling that far for a 3rd or 4th round playoff game, but a district game?

 

I think this is a bad solution to try and get people around the state to hush about the private/public split.

Contrast that to basketball where a team can go 0-24 and make the playoffs. Guess we should change the basketball playoff system, too?

Contrast that to basketball where a team can go 0-24 and make the playoffs. Guess we should change the basketball playoff system, too?

 

Or baseball. Or soccer, tennis, golf, whatever. Football is still the only sport where not every school makes the playoffs.

Same here.

 

Great job on rewarding whining and mediocrity

 

Plus, Beechwood/ NKY A teams playing in the west? OUCH, nice long road trips during the playoffs.

 

You think that is bad look at it from Mayfield's position

 

A possible regional title game played in Louisville approx 4 hours away

Should they advance to the semis and then its a 6 hour haul to NKY say they win in NKY then Mayfield turns around and makes another 4 hour haul to Louisville for a state title game.

Russellville, with less than 350 total students will be playing in 3a. I think this is a nice move by Coach Myers and company..

 

Russellville's district situation had they stayed in 1A was terrible, 4 of the 5 teams they would have in the district would all be long drives into extreme Western KY with Crittenden Co being the lone exception. A move is warranted based upon distance for their district games and if your gonna move up then why not pick the class where you feel like you have the best chance at success and that looks to me like its 3A just as they have done

I was a little surprised at this also. Don't really understand why they wouldn't want to move up.

 

Not surprised and honestly don't feel there is any reason that they should feel like they should have to move up. They are a small Class A school who has had considerable success in the past 20 years. I;m sure they see that success continuing at the Class A level with how it is set up with the new alignment and after looking at Class 2A I'm pretty certain they wouldn't have near the run of success that they have enjoyed previously. Beechwood should not be made to feel guilty for staying in the Class with similar size schools. They will still be able to schedule 1 or 2 of the big boys every year.

 

Personally I think that they went to one class too many and should have went to 5 classes tops. I also don't agree with 4 team districts and having all 4 make the playoffs even if it were to benefit the team I support. I like most believe you should earn your way in. Cut it back down to 2 teams per district making the playoffs. IMO.

You're point is well taken and appreciated. I don't know if Covington is really 'depressed', it's simply a diverse inner city district with all the good and bad that goes with that. As a life long resident of the area, I will tell you that Holmes is one of the best schools in this state, and the spirit and support for their kids is deep and has been for as long as I can remember. People take their shots, but they all make Holmes night on their schedule...You should have seen the cheering section give the Colonel Crazies all they could handle this year in basketball...it was awesome! It's the only night I remember seeing the blue colonels pause and try to think up a response...several times. I am very proud to have the Bulldogs in NK...they deal with a lot that some of us don't have to, and they always keep moving forward. (btw...I'm a CCH parent)

 

GREAT POST!! :thumb: Can't wait to see the Holmes-CCH rivalry come back intact next year. I know right before Holmes went to 4A, they were starting to compete w/ the Blue Colonels and its always nice to have the two Covington schools on the same field. I think this will be a better rivalry than the Holmes-HC.

Just re looked through the classes and districts and noticed that there are no 3A or 4A NKY teams anymore....guess Highlands got the last 3A state championship NKY will see for some time.

As to your last paragraph, they don't.

 

Are you serious??

Take Nelson Co for example.. The school has roughly 1,300 kids.. So I am going to guess that the boy/girl is split down the middle so 650 boys MAYBE!

 

Playing against St. X where how many boys attend? 1,500.. 2,000 how is that fair?

Are you serious??

Take Nelson Co for example.. The school has roughly 1,300 kids.. So I am going to guess that the boy/girl is split down the middle so 650 boys MAYBE!

 

Playing against St. X where how many boys attend? 1,500.. 2,000 how is that fair?

 

As Watusi pointed out, Nelson has almost 800 boys and X and T have almost 1400 boys. The post that I responded to said how could teams with 400-500 boys compete with those that have 1000-3000 boys. Again, they don't. 800 competing against 1400 is a far cry from 400 competing against 3000 don't you think?

 

The post I was responding to is just another in a long line of posts by people that don't worry about the facts but simply make posts from innuendo, rumors and hearsay. If people would take the time to get the facts, this place would have a lot fewer posts since it seems as if 1 out 3 posts are made to clarify incorrect info. posted on here.

Excellent chance of Pikeville and Beechwood meeting in Louisville under this scenario!!!:dancingpa

Its PAYBACK TIME!

Looks like your wrong Buckett.

 

Dont think so. Some teams have been denied the chance to play up.

As Watusi pointed out, Nelson has almost 800 boys and X and T have almost 1400 boys. The post that I responded to said how could teams with 400-500 boys compete with those that have 1000-3000 boys. Again, they don't. 800 competing against 1400 is a far cry from 400 competing against 3000 don't you think?

 

The post I was responding to is just another in a long line of posts by people that don't worry about the facts but simply make posts from innuendo, rumors and hearsay. If people would take the time to get the facts, this place would have a lot fewer posts since it seems as if 1 out 3 posts are made to clarify incorrect info. posted on here.

 

First off I said 1000-3000 not knowing the exact number.

I guess your right, a school of 700-800 boys is pretty fair playing against schools with 1400-1500 boys. :rolleyes: Not to mention the thousands upon thousands of dollars that go into the these private school football programs. Some of the now 4A soon to be 6A are happy to get a few thousand dollars a year. Heck St.X probably spends as much on their mouthpieces as some entire football teams do all season. It's unfair. Until private schools have their own playoffs it will always be a lop-sided tournament..

It's hard enough getting 80 of the 800 boys to play football. I wouldn't doubt that St. X doesn't turn kids away..

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.