Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Its official, Kentucky will be moving to 6 classes

Featured Replies

Looks like Somerset is dodging another district that doesn't suit them.

May be, but I'm not going to throw that out on the plate yet before until I know more. Myself I liked the 2A district line-up with Corbin, Middlesboro, Leslie Co., and Knott Co. Central. A very competitive district where you better bring it every Friday night. Not knocking any opponent in the 3A Somerset district, but it's not hard to notice that most have a tough time reaching .500 every year.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russellville, with less than 350 total students will be playing in 3a. I think this is a nice move by Coach Myers and company..

Russellville, with less than 350 total students will be playing in 3a. I think this is a nice move by Coach Myers and company..

I agree

 



I kinda think Paducah Tilghman made out like bandits

 

I also agree.

Russellville, with less than 350 total students will be playing in 3a. I think this is a nice move by Coach Myers and company..

 

I raise to you the same question as with Somerset, why move up? Why is moving up a good move?

Wow did Holmes make someone mad? Their district is pretty much the old 3A district w/ Highlands, Covcath, and Dixie. Scott really got a bad draw.

 

I think this new district will be good for Holmes though. I'd love to see them start playing Highlands again, even though it was usually a one sided affair. I know the Covington kids used to always get really fired up playing them and Covcath simply because they know them two teams are state powers year in and year out.

 

How many teams from each district make the playoffs?

Just a guess, but heres my take.

 

Somerset (and Pulaski Co.) is an area which is actually "growing". Most schools can expect stagnant or depressed future enrollments. Pulaski Co. schools can expect the opposite.

 

IMO, Somerset should see this as an oppurtunity to increase in size and perhaps significance. I know that remains to be seen, but nonetheless, it should be seen as a challenge to be met with open arms by the independant school.

 

If you are a fan of Somerset, what could be more gratifying than seeing your town and school increase its population and compete with the bigger fish?

Do the habitants of Covington support the Holmes program? My mother lives near Devou Park (probably Ludlow) and I know the Covington area quite well. It may be depressed, but nothing builds a community like a strong community effort in the local high school

Just a guess, but heres my take.

 

Somerset (and Pulaski Co.) is an area which is actually "growing". Most schools can expect stagnant or depressed future enrollments. Pulaski Co. schools can expect the opposite.

 

IMO, Somerset should see this as an oppurtunity to increase in size and perhaps significance. I know that remains to be seen, but nonetheless, it should be seen as a challenge to be met with open arms by the independant school.

 

If you are a fan of Somerset, what could be more gratifying than seeing your town and school increase its population and compete with the bigger fish?

 

Thats one good possible answer, but Somerset Ind. School have had the same boundries for many years. I don't see the school system growing much any time soon. Imo, if Somerset Ind. Schools are to grow it will be because the Science Hill area continues to grow with new homes (population). The reason for this is because Science Hill only has grades K-8, then students have the option to go to Pulaski Co. or Somerset.

Regardless of what happens in the new system, it is what it is. Teams will adjust and embrace. In 3 years, no one will even harken back to this system.

Do the habitants of Covington support the Holmes program? My mother lives near Devou Park (probably Ludlow) and I know the Covington area quite well. It may be depressed, but nothing builds a community like a strong community effort in the local high school

 

Since Coach trosper took over the Holmes program, he has really gotten the commpunity involved. I know he has held "Meet the Bulldogs" night before the first regular season game to get the fans and players fired up about the season as well as getting parents invloved. Also he has done alot as far as getting merchandise out such as t-shirts, hoodies, sweats, etc to get the school and community to show support for the team.

This is probably in the wrong forum, if it is sorry. The khsaa can put in as many classes as they want to, but until they decide to go public/private, it wont do much good.

I raise to you the same question as with Somerset, why move up? Why is moving up a good move?

 

Russellville now plays in a district with Adair County, Butler County, Edmonson County, and Hart County. Their primary region roadblock will be Paducah Tilghman. If they advance out of the region, the semistate would include Central, Elizabethtown, Moore, Shawnee, Henry County, North Oldham, Spencer County, and Western Hills.

Had they stayed in 2A, their district would have been Fort Campbell, OCath, and Hancock County. Their region roadblocks would have been Trigg and Caldwell. The semistate would have been Glasgow, Metcalfe County, Monroe County, Bardstown, Danville, Fort Knox, and Washington County.

From a travel point of view AND a competitive point of view, Russellville looks to advance farther in 3A.

Fantastic FballStud. Covington is a town that IMO is on the verge of a renaissance. Cincinnatti is in decline and the committment to growth has moved to NKY. Holmes needs to hold their head high, continue the trend of community growth, and things will gradually and noticable improve IMO.

Russellville now plays in a district with Adair County, Butler County, Edmonson County, and Hart County. Their primary region roadblock will be Paducah Tilghman. If they advance out of the region, the semistate would include Central, Elizabethtown, Moore, Shawnee, Henry County, North Oldham, Spencer County, and Western Hills.

Had they stayed in 2A, their district would have been Fort Campbell, OCath, and Hancock County. Their region roadblocks would have been Trigg and Caldwell. The semistate would have been Glasgow, Metcalfe County, Monroe County, Bardstown, Danville, Fort Knox, and Washington County.

From a travel point of view AND a competitive point of view, Russellville looks to advance farther in 3A.

I see the point and I would say the same would be true for Somerset as far as advancing further. But I couldn't imagine this would be the reason stated to the KHSAA when both schools made there formal request to move up.

Move up, move down, move all around. Its fine with bubby, and sure beats the heck out of WV's point system for playoff qualifiers. I guess 50th in education is worse than 49th!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.