Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Its official, Kentucky will be moving to 6 classes

Featured Replies

Fleming County has to be very happy. Am I wrong in thinking that Cawood will be part of Harlan Central? Take them out and Fleming is almost always going to be playing a home playoff game. Nice break from the possible district with Mason and Russell.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like your wrong Buckett.

6 classes is a joke. It kind of reminds me of girls slow pitch softball. There's about 10 teams playing and they call whoever wins the tournament one weekend the state champion. Let's just water down the state championships to make so almost everyone goes home a winner. Better yet, let's just not keep score and everyone just play for fun.

 

I think 4 classes for football is more than enough. You already have mismatched 1-9 teams making the playoffs now. They come out and give up 50 pts in a half of football and then you get the running clock.

So many of you have talked about how down Beechwood is going to be--you would think that there would be applause or something . . . . . .

A big giant step for mankind.

*Strike up the old Pikeville/Beechwood rivalry!

*Llyod/Newport/NCC is an interesting District

*3A West is REALLY weak.

*Lex Cath/Boyle will be on the scale of Highlands/Cov Cath as far as great District rivals. Those teams have a lot of respect and some great battles.

*5A has an awsome Northern KY District. Ashland and JC playing in a District with Bryan Station + Woodford Co is interesting. While Station and Woodford have been bad, they should have the athletes to make this District interesting. John Hardin and the Oldham Schools keep growing so that should be interesting along with BG.

*6A As much as things change the will stay the same for the most part. At least these schools should be in the ballpark as far as numbers go. X+T will always have a huge numbers edge but a lot of these teams aren't way far off.

 

*I think 6 classes is what it is. It will make for a lot of great rivalry games being brought back with the open schedules. It will make for some interesting District games. It will keep kids excited and involved more. It will water things down a little especially at the lower levels but the fact of the matter is that if one of those small teams wins it then they could care less what the folks outside of their little town think about it! Should be fun!

1a and 3a are by far the least compelling based on the here and now. Of course, that could always change.

How is the playoff system going to work since you only have approximately 40teams in each class?

I think the 6 class system is a move in the wrong direction. Why fix something that isn't broken? It looks like it is just going to water down the playoffs. A team could go 0-10 and still make the playoffs. That is a joke.

 

I would say teams are going to love the traveling as well. An example would be the new school in Harlan playing at Shelby County. I could understand traveling that far for a 3rd or 4th round playoff game, but a district game?

 

I think this is a bad solution to try and get people around the state to hush about the private/public split.

From what I understand the KHSAA is not allowing anyone to play up.

 

Apparently that isn't the case.

 

From the alignment notice

 

2. Schools desiring to play-up. Eleven requests to play into a higher class were considered, with six of them being approved. The primary determining factor in approving a request to play up was geography, and equally important conditions for denial of a request to play up was reference to

competitive ability; a move that would leave the former district with less than four teams or more than six teams; or moves that significantly impacted schools that had not had an opportunity to respond to the changes

I think the 6 class system is a move in the wrong direction. Why fix something that isn't broken? It looks like it is just going to water down the playoffs. A team could go 0-10 and still make the playoffs. That is a joke.

 

I would say teams are going to love the traveling as well. An example would be the new school in Harlan playing at Shelby County. I could understand traveling that far for a 3rd or 4th round playoff game, but a district game?

 

I think this is a bad solution to try and get people around the state to hush about the private/public split.

 

 

 

Right on! this is a terrible fix, the KHSAA has done this to shut up the complainers who are fed up with losing all of the time.

A heads up: they lose for some very good reasons. I`ll leave that up to everyone to figure out. What a shame!!

Watusi, did Belfry even consider playing up to 4a? I would envision them being the favorite year in and year out in District 8.

Truthfully, I don't like it. I think it waters it down. Does this mean Mayfield and Beechwood will have to travel to each others home field? That will be one heck of a ride.

Watusi, did Belfry even consider playing up to 4a? I would envision them being the favorite year in and year out in District 8.

 

I think travel would keep them from doing it. Look at the 4A districts, every other district opponent would be at least 2 hrs away.

I'm disappointed that Beechwood didn't move up to 2A.

 

I am not at all. I think staying put is the right move. Like I said a few weeks ago, Beechwood needs to schedule a couple of the top 2A teams each year to see where they stand in the next class up. Then, and only then, Beechwood can make an informed decision about moving up in 2011.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.