Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Waggle_12

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Waggle_12

  1. I agree with you as well. I think that those kids are going to be good in the future. I actually think that the Luttrell kid helps Harlan more on defense than on offense. I think that having him might have limited Cumberland from scoring 1 or 2 TD's and maybe he could have scored one himself. Overall though I agree. The two kids who played last night put up good numbers to be so young.
  2. I hate to see Harlan loose the overall series record to Cumberland, but I think everyone saw this coming. I'm not in the business of making excuses, but Harlan just lacks speed and size this year. Coach Donahue is doing all he can do with these kids and I don't think anyone can/is placing this season on his shoulders. Not having the Luttrell kid, for whatever reason, has hurt Harlan the last couple of weeks. I don't think that he would have made the difference in the overall outcome of this game, but it might have been more presentable. Don’t give up fellas, there are still games left to play…
  3. I think that if this does happen then they will be in the hunt for a district crown with Breathitt. Then if they can beat Somerset (should be a good game), I don't see ANYONE beating Belfry in the near future. Just my honest opinion.
  4. LB, I'm glad I got that cleared up too. I would not want anyone to make fun of either of those two gentlemen. As far as Harlan Co. going to 5A, I didn't know that either. I figured they were still going to be in the Scott Co distrcit but if they are playing in 5A then they can probably do pretty much anything they want strategy wise. Thanks for the info though, I didn't know that.
  5. You know what, you're right. Has anyone seen Donald the football manager from Evarts lately?
  6. I going to go with David Davies from Harlan High School. He is an offensive football genius and his name seems to be coming up a lot for this job. I also heard that Jeffery Bittner (a well known man from the Evarts area) is going to be hired as the head baseball coach. Just speculations,
  7. I have to disagree here. If you were at the game, you would have seen this. That fullback dive you talk about is a veer dive, which is completely different. In addition, I don't recall seeing fullback trap at all last week.
  8. Harlan High School: It is a toss up between TJ Dunson ('96) and Jamie Jacobs ('01) as far as stats go.
  9. Pappy, how'd Harlan do tonight?
  10. Looks like Coach Hensley and the gang are getting this bunch back on track. It is about time the line started playing real football and not powder puff...
  11. Wow... Congrats to Coach Mills. I don't think anyone saw this coming. Maybe a rematch in the first week of the playoffs at KC?
  12. WOW... Jenkins with the HUGE upset. This gives Jenkins a huge chance of making the playoffs in this district. Don't be suprised if Evarts falls apart after this one. It will be insteresting to see how they bounce back next week.
  13. Harlan High School: Toss up between Murph Howard and Gary Greer Jr.
  14. You're right that Dunbar has great facilities to play on but let me bring some things to your attention that you may not realize. Coach Hensley has to fight tooth and nail to get practice time on the football field each day with mens and womens soccer among other teams. This means that he gets a total of about 2 hours to practice and prepare his team for one of the hardest schedules in the state. Yes for those of you who do not know PLD does not have a practice field. Kind of odd that I come from a class A school that can have one but for some reason a 6A school can't. I know for a fact that the day before PLD had their grid against West Jessamine they had to do a walk through in the atrium of the school because girls soccer had the field. I also know that they have been forced to go into the gym numerous times due to scheduling. If you want to talk telent and how much you think that school has then that is open to speculation. However, practicing 2 teams (Frosh and Varsity) on 100 yards of playing surface is kind of difficult and puts Coach Hensley betweena rock and hard place.
  15. It is by far the closest one. I want to say that Harlan is up by one or two but I am not sure.
  16. Congrats to the wildcats... I hate to see Harlan end the series with each of the county schools with a loss but it looks like that is going to be the case. I know this has to be killing Coach Donahue since he has had a streak of about 3 failry good teams in the last 3 years but he'll be okay. The talent level just fluctuates at small schools. Heck, look at Evarts. It is just going to be a long season in dragon land....
  17. Haha that sounds like some other story. Please inform us all...
  18. Harlan has really got to win this game. Traditionally whoever wins this game is in good shape for the rest of the year and will finish 1st or 2nd in he district. I know that the district has changed a lot with the addition of Hazard so I see the winner of this game being 3rd in the district (behind Hazard and Cumberland) and the looser sitting at home come November. Evarts has shown that they are a much improved team but Harlan has shown that they are very much rebuilding. I wouldn't be suprised to see Harlan come out in the Power-I with two TE's and go back to doing what they have traditionaly done best. Bottom Line Up Front, Harlan has got to find a way to score some points, move the ball, not turn it over, and keep the defense rested. Harlan's QB has got to step up, become of the leader of this team, and salvage the season before they get their first 0-3 start that I can remember in a very long time. I think Harlan may turn it around in this game, they pretty much have to... Harlan 28 Evarts 21
  19. If it was a ligitimate scrimage that Lee beat Apalachia in then I am worried about the big green lizards. The last time Harlan went to Apalachia was in 2000 and it was something equivalent to a masacre. I know that Apalachia probably isn't as good this year as they were in 2000 but to think that Powell Valley and Apalachia are down in the same year is probably a stretch.I'll get back with a prediction on this one soon.
  20. The other game in the PigSkin (Middlesboro vs Knox Central) should/could be pretty good too.
  21. If this game is even close I will be shocked. Dudley 49-7.
  22. I think this game will be closer than what everyone is thinking. Corbin has a tendency to start out slow though (They have scored a whopping 3 points in their past three opening games, and lost their first 3-4 each season) which I think will be the difference. I doubt that Coach Hensley and his staff are counting on a 2 touchdown + victory in this one. After all the Belfry team that Corbin got shut out by could blank a lot of teams in the state. I'll take PLD in a close one PLD 17 (Late FG by their stud kicker) Corbin 14

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.