Cumberland 41 Harlan 14

Skins will give Hazard some big problems, should be the game of the year in district 7. Now can someone who knows about these things explain to me why a coach up 35 points with the down team substituting Frosh and Sophs everywhere, keep his starters in and not substitute. Hats off to Coach J.B. Donahue of the Dragons who is pure class. Others should take lessons. Back to the game great win for Cumberland, but the penalties really added up and would burn them against a more explosive offensive team.

Congratulations to Coach Reynolds and the Skins. We would sure like for you to get Harlan County a win over Hazard next week. Keep your head up Harlan. Im a firm believer that if you keep working, good things will happen. There's a lot of season left.

Skins will give Hazard some big problems, should be the game of the year in district 7. Now can someone who knows about these things explain to me why a coach up 35 points with the down team substituting Frosh and Sophs everywhere, keep his starters in and not substitute. Hats off to Coach J.B. Donahue of the Dragons who is pure class. Others should take lessons. Back to the game great win for Cumberland, but the penalties really added up and would burn them against a more explosive offensive team.
Actually Sir, Cumberland was never up 35 points!!! It was 28-7 at the half, 35-7 early in the 4th, 35-14 then with about 8 minutes left it got to 41-14 and Cumberland did start subbing at that point, while Harlan was trying, with their starters to get as much as they could out of the game, so I dont think you have anything to complain about.

As for Mr Donahue, I do agree with you on that, he is a class act and a fine fellow and I would guess all of the Tri-City area would feel the same way about him as I do.

I also agree with about the penalties, if they dont play more organized and a little more sharp on both sides of the ball they will have problems with more talented teams

I must say that in the 2nd half outside of a couple big offensive plays by Cumberland Harlan actually played them tough the last two quarters. The 3rd quarter was a scoreless tie and Harlan moved the ball against Cumberland's starters their first 2 drives of the 4th, scoring a touchdown on one of those drives and got inside the 30 on the other drive.

Cumberland's speed hit Harlan for 3 or 4 big plays in the first half, but I actually didnt think Cumberland ever looked real sharp in this game, and will need to be sharper next week against Hazard. I think Gilliam would be a more dominant player and open things up for Cumberland more at the tailback spot. Good luck to the Skins next week.

I hate to see Harlan loose the overall series record to Cumberland, but I think everyone saw this coming. I'm not in the business of making excuses, but Harlan just lacks speed and size this year. Coach Donahue is doing all he can do with these kids and I don't think anyone can/is placing this season on his shoulders.

Not having the Luttrell kid, for whatever reason, has hurt Harlan the last couple of weeks. I don't think that he would have made the difference in the overall outcome of this game, but it might have been more presentable.

Don’t give up fellas, there are still games left to play…

I hate to see Harlan loose the overall series record to Cumberland, but I think everyone saw this coming. I'm not in the business of making excuses, but Harlan just lacks speed and size this year. Coach Donahue is doing all he can do with these kids and I don't think anyone can/is placing this season on his shoulders.

Not having the Luttrell kid, for whatever reason, has hurt Harlan the last couple of weeks. I don't think that he would have made the difference in the overall outcome of this game, but it might have been more presentable.

Don’t give up fellas, there are still games left to play…

I agree Waggle 12, but I thought the two sophomores they used didn't look to bad. Link#5 and Middleton#14(I think) looked good at times. They did move the ball a lot better on the ground than they have in games past. I really do believe these two could be pretty good together the next two years. I think Hensley#2 is the biggest playmaker on the team though.